Senior Estimator / Proposal Manager
As a Senior Estimator / Proposal Manager for Lorneville Mechanical Contractors Ltd. you are a key member of the major bids/pursuits team which is responsible for generating and managing new business opportunities and submitting RFQ and RFP submissions for projects led by Lorneville, or working closely with other strategic partners.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Direct responsibility for the preparation and submission of multi-million dollar proposals for large industrial construction projects.
- Coordinates all aspects of the proposal process; develops and monitors proposal schedules and follows up with key contributors to ensure their information is submitted on time for inclusion in the proposal.
- Ensures all RFI/RFP response documents are clear, complete and professional.
- As a member of the Business Development team may create, coordinate and participate in client presentations.
- May be responsible for managing junior estimators or other members of the group
- Develops processes and procedures to standardize and strengthen our proposal and estimating activities and develops the proposal and estimating team capabilities through training, mentoring and coaching.
- Reports to the Director of Business Development & Proposals
- 5 to 10 years’ Industrial Construction experience. Proven Estimating abilities with some Project Management or Field Supervisory experience preferred.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree Preferred. Applicants with a degree in another discipline with proven abilities gained through relevant experience will also be considered.
- Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills. Strong MS Excel and MS Word skills. Scheduling software experience also preferred.
- A proven ability to work in high-stress and fast paced environment. Self-directed with Strong leadership skills.
Lorneville is a trusted partner with a proven track record in successfully and safely completing major projects across Canada. Our success is built on a foundation of senior on-site leadership, accountability to our customers’ success and a commitment to safety. We are one of the largest mechanical construction companies in Eastern Canada and offer a full range of Engineering, Fabrication and Mechanical Construction services.
Lorneville offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits. Lorneville is an equal opportunity employer.
Lorneville has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2014 & 2015 for excellence in business performance. Over the years the company has grown in size, expanded services and branched out to meet the needs of customers across Canada. As we enter our 40th year of operation we are continuing our growth as a provider of maintenance, turnaround and construction services to the Petrochemical, Power Generation, Pulp & Paper, Utility and mining industries. For more information please visit our website at www.lorneville.com
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Bonus scheme
- On-site parking
- Vacation & paid time off
- Profit sharing/share options
- Subsidised gym membership
- Employee assistance programs
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Company pension
- Casual dress
- Wellness programs
- Company events & social hours
- Education reimbursement
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Proposal Management: 5 years (Preferred)