The Organization: Squamish-Lillooet Regional District
Located in southwestern BC, the Squamish-Lillooet Regional District (“SLRD”) is a local government federation consisting of four member municipalities (the District of Lillooet, Village of Pemberton, Resort Municipality of Whistler, and District of Squamish) and four unincorporated rural Electoral Areas (A, B, C, D). The SLRD covers an area spanning 16,354 km², from Porteau Cove in the south to the Yalakom Valley and Pavilion in the northeast. Headquartered in Pemberton, the approximate geographic centre of the region, the SLRD is found within the traditional territories of the Líl'wat, Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish) and St'at'imc Nations and delivers a range of local, sub-regional, and regional services to approximately 42,665 residents. The SLRD is one of the fastest growing regions in BC , offering amazing lifestyle opportunities and attracting millions of tourists annually.
To learn more, please visit SLRD’s website.
The Opportunity: Chief Administrative Officer
The Chief Administrative Officer (“CAO”) is the Chief Administrative Officer of the Squamish-Lillooet Regional District, the Squamish-Lillooet Regional Hospital District, and the Sea to Sky Regional Hospital District, and is responsible for:
Ensuring that the policies and directions of the Board are implemented;
- Overall management of administrative operations of the Regional District and Regional Hospital Districts;
- Advising and informing the Board on the operations and affairs of the Regional District and Regional Hospital Districts; and
- Providing strategic guidance to the Board.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- A proven track record in working effectively with boards, committees, and ideally elected officials;
- Progressive management style;
- Outstanding community relations skills;
- An ability to effectively delegate;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong decision making and problem solving abilities;
- Strong knowledge of business operations, ideally the business of a local government; and
- Demonstrated strategic planning abilities.
The complete opportunity profile can be viewed: Here
Contact: Robin Noftall or Greg Longster
Leaders International Executive Search
#880 – 609 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC V7Y 1G5
Phone: (604) 688-8422