Prepares and cooks meals for guests of the restaurant and lounge to the highest standard outlined by management creating and culturing overall satisfaction at all levels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Set up and stock stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepare food for service that include chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Manages multiple food preparation and cooking items simultaneously for the highest efficiency and productivity
- Communicates exceptionally with all other team members for effective productivity and results
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Follows all Health and Safety guidelines in preparations and sanitation
- Manages inventory as needed to ensure at par stock levels on a daily weekly basis
- Keeps kitchen and area clean by performing regular and routine housekeeping duties outlined by management
Qualifications and Requirements
Minimum two years previous commercial cooking experience in a multifaceted environment with high volume and fast pace. Proven knowledge, understanding and skills of cooking terminology and techniques that is transferable to any menu item or occasion. Must have a current food handler’s certificate or be willing to acquire.
The role of cooking can be physically demanding with majority of the time spent standing or walking. The use of small equipment, knifes and working with extreme heat is required on a tenuous floor. You must be able to lift with your wrist and arms, bend, move and push up to 50lbs.
The incumbent must obtain and maintain approval from the Liquor, Gaming and Cannabis Authority of Manitoba (LGCA).