JOB TITLE: Laser Operator / Programmer
Responsibilities include but not limited to, program, maintain and operator the tube and or flatbed laser to ensure productivity and efficiencies are met, and other duties as required.
SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Safe and efficient operation of the laser and process to sheet specifications within the tolerance guidelines
- Safely set up tube laser, materials, nests, and programming per standards.
- Measure dimensions of finished work pieces to ensure conformance to specifications using precision measurement devices as required.
- Read work orders to determine specifications, such as materials to be used, dimensions and tolerances, proper labelling of parts, etc., and accurately complete all required functions to ensure only quality product is produced.
- Accurately document/record information: enter, record, store or maintain information in written or electronic form.
- Support achievement of company standards in safety, efficiency, on-time production, etc.
- Ensure all products adhere to the production specifications of the customer
- Read and interpret blue prints and process sheets
- Inspect all work, prior to sending it down the line
- Operate metal shaping machines such as brakes, shears or other metal straightening and bending machines
- Read a tape measure to take critical measurements
- Maintain safe work practices
- Assist in training & mentoring newer employees
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment i.e. work station, lunchroom etc.
- Present a professional image of Essex Weld Solutions, and a personal commitment to the safety and well being of all employees.
- Participate in continuous improvements, 5S and 8 Waste initiatives, including and not limited to processes, production flow etc.
- Report any hazards to the Plant Manager or Supervisor immediately so corrective action can be taken.
- Support the Health & Safety Program
- Adhere to Section 28 of OHSA (Canada)
- Practice safe and proper use of machinery and tools
- Ownership – Take pride in the work that is accomplished, and understand the function or process flow for the larger picture.
- Organization – Able to maintain process to ensure all relevant information or tools are accessible.
- Attention to Detail – Attend to details and pursue quality in the accomplishment of tasks, regardless of the volume of duties encountered.
- Adaptability – Adapt and respond to changing conditions, priorities, technology and requirements.
- Results Orientation – Able to focus on desired outcomes, and the means by which they are achieved by meeting and or exceeding standards based on past performance, goals and objectives, and as the performance and/or achievements of others.
- Teamwork – Works cooperatively and effectively with others to reach a common goal.
- Cultural Sensitivity – Promote an inclusive environment by understanding all cultural groups.
- Commitment to Health & Safety – Work in compliance with all acceptable health and safety legislation and established policies and procedures
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Solid understanding of metal fabrication concepts and processes
- Must have a minimum of 2 years in CNC/Laser operation experience
- Mazak experience an asset
- Must be able to read blueprints
- Must have attention to detail
- Must be able to navigate in a Windows based computer environment
- Ability to read a tape measure
- Understand basic tool functions
- Ability to maintain organization
- Hand eye coordination
- Physically capable of lifting in excess of 40lbs
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Must have steel toe boots
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be able to work any 3 shifts and overtime when needed
Job Type: Full-time
- Laser Operator: 1 year (Preferred)
- Programming: 1 year (Preferred)
- Leamington, ON (Preferred)