Cloverdale Paint is the largest family owned and operated Paint Company in Canada. For more than 85 years we’ve specialized in supplying Canada’s Commercial, Industrial & Retail sectors. We are nationwide with 5 manufacturing facilities, laboratories and over 70 company stores.
We are looking for a Temporary/PermanentProduction Supervisor to oversee a production shift at the Surrey Plant. This position would be for a minimum of twelve months and may develop into a permanent position. The position will provide the successful candidate with an excellent opportunity to expand their skill sets.This position requires hands-on supervision on the plant floor.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage and enforce health and safety initiatives with the goal of “zero is possible”.
- Train and onboard employees into new positions.
- Develop staff and set individual goals and objectives and ensure they are met.
- Create an atmosphere of mutual co-operation with unionized workforce and management.
- Provide hands-on leadership, motivation and supervision of the day to day duties.
- Ensure that all team members are aware of all Cloverdale Paint Policies and Procedures and that they are followed.
- Manage annual vacation scheduling and weekly time card approvals.
- Work with health and safety committee in making sure all safety policies are followed.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding production targets while maintaining safety and quality standards.
- Determine daily production schedule in conjunction with the Plant Manager.
- Order and control raw material inventory of minor components.
- Implement 5S methodology in daily operations.
- Maintain a clean, organized, efficient, and safe plant operation.
- Ensure that all orders for both internal and external customers are accurate and delivered as promised.
- Make recommendations to improve efficiencies, ensuring safety and production standards are met and lead CI projects.
- Other duties as required.
- Previous supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment considered an asset.
- Possess excellent leadership, communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to perform and deliver accurately under tight deadlines.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the Collective Agreement.
- Possess a solid understanding of team building with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office.
- Detailed accuracy with record keeping.
- Forklift, reach truck and walkie rider training certification an asset.
- WHMIS GHS and TDG certification.
- Post-secondary education an asset.
- Familiarity with lean principles an asset.
May be expected to work shift work, and overtime when required.
Ability to lift heavy loads up to 75lbs
Job Types: Temporary with opportunity for full time.
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $35.00 to $39.00 /hour
- Supervisory/Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- manufacturing: 5 years (Preferred)