Reporting to the General Manager, we are looking for a passionate and inspirational leader for our Vaughan location. This is your chance to join a quickly-growing restaurant concept, with tons of opportunity for advancement and growth. Not to mention that you’ll be working with a world-class management team and eating delicious salads every day.
You should be over-achieving, clever and open to learning. And you are definitely a people-person who loves fresh and healthy food.
We are a fast-casual salad concept serving chef-driven salads, soups, sandwiches, and healthy snacks. We are bringing a new perspective to the salad category, emphasizing food that tastes as great as it makes you feel. We are growing fast, with three locations in Ottawa, three in Toronto and one in Vaughan. We are looking for an engaged, amazing person to join our team!
- Oversee and drive store level human resources objectives: recruitment, onboarding, training, performance management/evaluations, disciplinary action, succession planning, payroll and HR administration.
- Ensure compliance with all company, provincial, federal and local labor laws and policies.
- Responsible for coordinating and facilitating team meetings that communicate company-led initiatives at store level.
- Empower team to execute high hospitality standards and provide employees with the training/developmental opportunities to properly execute our four customer service commandments and customer journey.
- Foster team morale and the engagement and retention of employees.
- Delegates duties to employees in accordance to job level; Oversees and participates as needed in the opening, closing and shift transition functions
- Maintain the company's standards of quality assurance by continually monitoring processes and auditing production, employee productivity, food and beverage quality, guest satisfaction and store cleanliness; initiating and delegating actions of improvement when needed.
- Manage inventory flow process, including resolving issues with vendors, inventory flow and COGs.
- Ensure that all operational administrative duties are effectively completed, including but not limited to ordering, receiving orders, scheduling, P&L reports, and HR paperwork.
- Drive financial objectives by analyzing P&L variances; initiating corrective actions; establishing and monitoring financial controls; developing and implementing strategies to increase sales and profit.
- Lead by example, while holding staff accountable for their performance and ensuring an excellent guest experience.
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Proven success with both people development in leadership positions and long-term sales growth
- Previous experience with scheduling, inventory, and labour control
- Able to multi-task and plan ahead in a fast-paced restaurant environment
- Great communication style, and able to deliver feedback in the moment
- Knowledge and proficiency in the use of computers, POS, and learning new software
- Intermediate to advanced analytical skills
- Innovative problem solver not afraid to get scrappy
- Attention to detail, cleanliness, and consistency
- Flexibility to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays as required to meet operating and project demands
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
- Culinary: 1 year (Preferred)
- management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Restaurant Management: 1 year (Preferred)