DAY SHIFT ALLISTON
Currie Truck Centre - Alliston
Monday – Thursday: 8:00am – 5:30pm, Friday: 8:00am – 4:30pm, with rotation on Saturday shift.
44 - 48 hours/week
Permanent, Full Time Employment
Currie Truck Centre is currently searching for a highly motivated Truck and Coach Technician (310T) as
we continue to grow in all locations. This position is responsible for performing preventative maintenance
and vehicle repairs in accordance with Dealer and Factory standards.
Technicians must perform all work listed on repair orders assigned to them by the Service Manager /
Shop Foreman, document work completed on the repair order and/or laptop and keep track of time spent
on each job in accordance with established work instructions.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of commercial transport truck systems including fuel system,
brakes, steering and suspension, engine and drive train, emission control and exhaust, cooling and climate
control, and electrical and electronic systems using hand tools and other specialized repair equipment
- Test and adjust repaired systems to manufacturer's performance specifications
- Perform scheduled maintenance, such as safety inspections, oil changes, lubrications and tune ups
- Inspect or test mechanical units to locate faults and malfunctions
- Diagnose faults and malfunctions and confirm findings with supervisor to determine course of repair
- Record steps involved in repairs, general vehicle condition and note future repairs that may be required
- High School diploma
- Truck and Coach Technician trade certification *** 310T License required ***
- 2-4 years of direct work experience in heavy duty trucks repairs and service
- Extensive knowledge of different heavy duty trucks and their service needs
- Professional demeanor
- Efficient problem solving skills
- Efficient communication skills
- Ability to learn new technology and repair and service procedures and specifications
- Able to operate electronic diagnostic equipment
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Ability to work independently, managing time and work flow; and as part of a team
- Must own Tools and have CSA approved footwear
- Experience with Detroit/Cummins would be an asset
- Manual dexterity required to complete maintenance and repairs
- Occasional lifting of items up to 50 lbs
- Overtime as required
We offer a Competitive Compensation plan and Benefits.
Qualified applicants apply with a cover letter and resume, quoting position title,
We thank all applicants for their submissions, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.