Who We Are:
Narcity Media is a digital-only media publication that owns and operates NARCITY.COM + MTLBLOG.COM. We reach over 20M millennials monthly on our websites, while our social channels engage over 1M millennials daily.
We are a group of passionate creative individuals who are devoted to creating the best content for our readers and clients. We are on a mission to revolutionize local news and travel globally.
What We’re Looking For:
Narcity Media is looking for an awesome bilingual Associate Social Media Editor to join our Social Media team (French/English).
The ideal candidate has experience distributing content online, the ability to work independently, knowledge of the unique passions of readers on different social media platforms, and the motivation to introduce Narcity Media's websites to new audiences.
This is a weekend and nighttime full-time permanent remote position (Saturday to Wednesday schedule, night shift during weekdays).
Before applying, please visit our sites to get a feel for what kind of company we are! We have four: MTLblog (https://www.mtlblog.com/), Narcity Canada (https://www.instagram.com/narcitycanada/?hl=en), Narcity USA (https://www.instagram.com/narcityusa/?hl=en), and Narcity Québec (https://www.narcity.com/local/ca/qc/quebec).
What We Stand For:
Before anything else, values come first. Without clear, shared values, we wander independently and contradict one another.
Everything's harder when we all believe different things about what's important to us, our Company and our Audience.
1. to produce the highest quality content
2. to have fun & stay positive
3. to remain authentic
4. to always put our audience first
5. to embrace technology
You Will Make an Impact By:
- Schedule, post, and repost content on Instagram, Instagram Story, and our other social platforms
- Write creative and catchy social copy to maximize engagement
- Design, update and adapt content and social copy for each platform as needed
- Analyze data and analytics to discover patterns and improve engagement and retention
- Community management & interaction with our social audiences
- Respond to messages with the Narcity voice
- Develop new distribution strategies to ensure stable growth
- Collaborate with the Editorial, Social, and Video teams to create the best experience for our readers
Our Ideal Candidate
- 1-2 years of professional social media experience and a Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Communications, or a related field
- Strong visual skills including basic Photoshop or Canva
- Deep knowledge of what is happening and trending in Québec, Canada & the US
- An obsession with tight deadlines and team brainstorming
- The ability to spot catchy, unique angles while staying true to the Narcity voice
- Ability to multitask with ease, jumping from one project to another whenever needed
- Excited about a high-octane, dynamic, start-up environment
- Able to maintain high-quality work while meeting ambitious goals
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills while managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Brimming with ideas about how to bring fresh voices and ideas to Narcity
- Someone who believes in our mission of rethinking how local news and travel intersects, and connecting users to their city in a more efficient way
This is a permanent position. The position is based anywhere in Canada because we are a flexible first company. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We offer many perks such as a flexible first office, wellness fund, phone and internet allowance, an extensive benefits package, and a competitive salary.
More About Us
The name Narcity comes from the belief that you live in the most interesting place in the world. Narcity is the spark that connects you with the awesome city where you live. Every single day, you can discover what's new, what's now, and what's next, and the tools you need to uncover the people, places, and passions that power your city.
Why do what we do everyday? Because your city matters.
If this resonates with who you are, take the first step and apply, we can’t wait to talk with you!