8 x 8 Rotational Position (8 weeks on site, 8 weeks off site)
Canadian Forces Station Alert – On top of the world!
Location: CFS Alert, Ellesmere Island, NUNAVUT
Nasittuq provides exemplary support services in CFS Alert, situated in the Canadian Arctic. Our highly skilled workforce provides services that include all elements of facilities maintenance, airfield operations, food services, transport and logistical/administrative support to our customer, the Department of National Defence (DND). For more information, visit www.nasittuq.com.
- Maintain and service all vehicles and equipment for DND, Nasittuq and Government employee use
- Perform all first and second line repairs, inspections and preventative maintenance to all vehicles and equipment
- Performs as required on-site repair services utilizing non-conventional recovery equipment such as graders, dozers, front-end loaders and all forms of heavy equipment
- Perform breakdown services such as boosting batteries
- Certified Motor Vehicle Mechanic & Truck and Coach Technician (310S & 310T), including Diesel endorsement OR Certified Heavy Equipment Mechanic Off-Road Earth Moving Equipment (421A)
- 5+ years experience in maintaining and repairing vehicles and equipment
- Qualified to operate vehicles containing hazardous materials
- Must be eligible for ENHANCED RELIABILITY security clearance, and must pass a company pre-deployment medical
- As overnighting in Thule Greenland is a requirement, must possess a valid passport
- Ability to work cross-culturally and a strong team player is a must; will need to roll up sleeves and pitch in as and when required
Our Company is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified groups. Land Claim Beneficiary applicants are encouraged to apply and self-identify.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Rotational staff will be flown to/from the work location; site facilities include full meals, exercise room, gym, internet and recreational resources.
The Company thanks you for your interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All resumes will be kept on file for any future job openings.
- Dental care
- RRSP Match
- Life insurance
- Onsite Gym
- Employee assistance programs
- Disability insurance
- Discounted/free food
- Extended health care
Part-time hours: 40 per week
Job Type: Fly-In/Fly-Out
- mechanic: 5 years (Preferred)
- Journeyman (Preferred)
- Trade Certificate (Preferred)