Canada's Challenger Bank™
If you're looking for a workplace where employees are passionate about their work environment, then read on. What sets Equitable Bank apart from other companies is its culture. We celebrate and embrace the fabric of diversity, the employee engagement process and collectively take pride in our business successes. Our commitment to our customers, our partners and our employees creates a stimulating and exciting atmosphere that generates innovative products and outstanding service quality.
Equitable Bank is Canada's ninth largest independent Schedule I bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. It offers a diverse suite of residential lending, commercial lending and savings solutions, including high-interest savings products and GICs. Through its proven branchless approach and customer service focus, Equitable Bank has grown to approximately $33 billion in assets under management. In 2016, Equitable Bank launched a digital banking operation, EQ Bank, and introduced the EQ Bank Savings Plus Account. Equitable Bank currently employs over 750 employees across the country.
Within Equitable Bank's Core Lending business, Single Family Lending Services funds mortgages for owner-occupied and investment properties across Canada, while Commercial Lending Services provides mortgages on a variety of commercial properties on a national basis.Equitable's Securitization Financing business originates and securitizes insured residential mortgages under the Canada Mortgage and Housing ("CMHC") administered National Housing Act.Equitable Bank also offers a range of deposit products including short-term, long-term and Cashable GICs, available in non-registered or Tax Free Savings Account ("TFSA") across Canada. And it offers a High Interest Savings Account, available from authorized investment advisors through the FundServ network.
Equitable Bank is a growing Canadian financial services business and a wholly owned subsidiary of Equitable Group. It was founded in 1970 as The Equitable Trust Company.
Senior Security Operations Analyst
Security Operations Manager
Purpose of the Job
As a Senior Security Operations Analyst with a strong background in SIEM, one of the primary responsibilities will be monitoring, configuring, tuning, and maintaining the SIEM services for Information Security Group. The incumbent will work to build interconnected systems that improve efficiency of Information Security Operations, like McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO). The candidate will also periodically be required to work with external vendors, auditors and regulators as well on security, compliance, and audit related events.
- Lead the security incident response by performing relevant investigation and forensic analysis of each incident and applying the necessary security mitigations.
- Train and educate Security staff, other Technology Group, and external business partners on SOC management and procedures.
- Monitor, manage, and maintain the company’s SIEM.
- Manage SIEM elements such as Log collection, Normalization, Correlation, and Aggregation.
- Examine, appraise, and interpret correlation metrics, develop dashboards, and reports.
- Tuning of rules, filters, and policies for detection-related security technologies to improve accuracy and visibility.
- Provide detailed analysis and recommendations after monitoring security events from several sources, such as: IDS/IPS, DLP, Anti-Virus/Endpoint Protection, Network and web application firewalls.
- Perform required compliance related activities and provide support for PCI DSS and other audit related requirements.
- Participate in new security solutions evaluation, design and implementation.
- Maintain documentation of tools, logic, policies, and procedures.
- Participate in security risks, threats and vulnerabilities assessment.
- On call, off-hours and/or shift work will be required
- Bachelor in Computer Science or related field.
- A minimum four (6) years in an information security function or role.
- CISSP or similar certification is preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Experience in security solutions including SIEM, Firewall, Web Proxy, and WAF, Strong experience with McAfee SIEM is preferred.
- Knowledge of: Strong Authentication, End Point Security, Internet Policy Enforcement, Web Content Filtering, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Identity and Access Management (IAM) solutions, AirTight Secure Wi-Fi.
- Ability to adapt to constantly changing technical, regulatory, and compliance environments.
- The incumbent is expected to interact with all employees including executives and thus good verbal and written skills are important.
- Experience working in a banking or financial services environment is an asset.
- Technical knowledge of Unix/Linux, Windows, computer networks, computer servers, VMware, SQL Server, firewalls, anti-malware tools, IDS/IPS, encryption, and other IT infrastructure technologies.
- Knowledge of common networking services and protocols (TCP/IP, SSH, FTP, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, SSL, etc.).
- Excellent organized, structured, logical thinking and detail oriented analytic skills are required.
- Ability to think out of the box for solutions to technical problems.
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.