The Brand Analyst is an integral member of the Customer and Market Insights Team at Lush. In this role, you will use your professional competencies and business knowledge to enhance the impact and performance of brand marketing activities. This role serves as a resource to the Brand leadership team to deliver insights, provide recommendations and develop action plans that drive improvements in brand performance.
As a growing business, Lush needs people that can adapt and evolve to the needs of our business and the insight that you and the team provides will help identify growth opportunities and inform the business on how to better serve our customers. This role will also be tasked with identifying opportunities to improve consumer understanding and belief in our brand. Our Lush staff live with purpose, finding their personal value connection with the values of our business, bringing their work and life paths into one holistic journey. #mylushlife
Reporting to the Market Research & Analytics Manager (MR&A), the Brand Analyst undertakes the following RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Increase effectiveness of department programs by regularly reviewing and assessing program specific data providing insights that assist decision making.
- Provision of analytics reports that include a comprehensive view of different campaign elements
- Return-on-investment (ROI) assessment of different Brand Communication led events/initiatives
- Review of the link between business drivers and key performance indicators to brand communication initiatives
- Support the Marketing organization to develop recommendations for changes to investment and marketing strategy based on quantitative analyses
- Support our Brand Marketing teams to understand campaign level performance metrics and find optimization recommendations
- Work with stakeholders to set KPI for campaigns prior to launch and report on successes and failures in post-campaign analysis
- Drive marketing analytical insights by building reporting infrastructure, creating dashboards and performing ongoing ad-hoc analyses to evaluate the efficiency of our marketing spend.
- Monitor sales trends and competitor data, preparing reports for leadership and peers
- Provide monthly commentaries that comprise both financial and non-financial metrics
- Support the team bonus program on monthly/ quarterly basis and provide insight on areas of opportunity to increase payout in future periods
- Development and management of reports tracking brand health and competitive intelligence gathered through social listening tools and customer market research
- Ad hoc reporting as requested
- 5+ years of analytics experience with demonstrated expertise in marketing analytics
- Experience with measuring and evaluating marketing across numerous channels and geographies
- Strong clear communication and have experience working with senior leadership
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with common KPIs, metrics, and growth experiments
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work hard and calmly under pressure to achieve deadlines, and the flexibility and dedication to work extra hours as needed
- Ability to work independently while thriving in a collaborative and creative work environment.
- Excellent time management skills
- A keen eye for detail
- Pro-active approach and initiative
- Ability to synthesize multiple data sources to develop insights and recommendations
- Self-motivated and results oriented with a focus on delivering high-quality work product
- High level of proficiency and experience using MS PowerPoint and MS Excel i.e. VLOOKUP's, pivot tables, macros, conditional formatting etc.
- Financial/ accounting experience in the retail industry considered an asset
- Knowledge of Prophix considered an asset
- 2+ years using Microsoft PowerBI or similar business intelligence solutions
- 1+ years' experience in Google Analytics, AdWords and social media analytics
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools an asset
- Beginner level experience with SQL
- Beginner level experience in Python and/or R
- Familiarity with text analytics an asset
Thriving with a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our staff and committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.