Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues. Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent — Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Food Service Supervisor required to work 16hrs/week Friday & Sundays
RESPONSIBILITIES TO HEALTH & SAFETY:
- Prepares and/or supervises the preparation and service of meals and nourishment's following specified menus and standardized recipes.
- Promotes a positive team spirit within the department and the facility.
- Follows infection control procedures.
- supervises, delegates tasks and evaluates the performance of the Dietary staff
- Ensures compliance with all Long Term Care regulations and established Compass Group policies.
- Counsels residents or family members in the absence of a dietitian and/or manager as necessary on therapeutic diets.
- Assists Manager in Union matters related to grievance procedures, labour management relations and contract negotiations.
- Consults with Dietician as necessary.
- Conducts daily inspection of the department to identify / resolve any potential hazards.
- Ensures dietary employees perform pre-start up inspections on all equipment designated as "critical" by the Manager.
- Ensures all Dietary employees are informed of hazards in the department.
- Assists manager in maintaining departmental absenteeism and sick day management.
- Assists with receiving, storing and controlling all departmental supplies, which may include inventory controls.
- Continued monitoring and ongoing documentation of low and moderate risk resident’s nutritional status at a minimum of quarterly.
- Makes appropriate referrals to the facility dietitian as necessary.
- May participates in resident’s care conferences as necessary.
- Visits with new resident/family within 72 hours of admission in the absenence of the manager.
- Ensures maintenance of operational records (i.e. menus, production sheets. Food temperatures and refrigerator and freezer temperatures) as required.
- Ensures dietary staff compliance with facility policies and procedures, including safety and sanitation rules and safe working practices.
- Assists the manager with staff coverage and scheduling changes following established procedures.
- Attends all pertinent facility in-services, community educational sessions and other necessary training sessions as provided including computer updates and applications.
- Works with and responds to Ministry of Health personnel, Public Health personnel and any other government body.
- Ongoing communication with residents, family members, and staff regarding department activities.
- Remain current with trends in nutritional care and new food service products and methods.
- Is knowledgeable of and endeavours to promote the Resident Bill of Rights.
- Organizes dietary in-services.
- Performs other duties as are necessary and appropriate.
- Input payroll into Blue Force.
- Input invoices into Orbit.
1. Is a competent person as defined by the occupational Health & Safety Act.
2. Is knowledgeable of supervisor’s responsibilities, and follows all health and safety policies and procedures.
3. Monitors adherence to safety policies and procedures of dietary staff, and takes corrective action as necessary. Promotes safe work practices for self and others.
4. Is alert to, remedies, or promptly reports all actual or potential hazardous situations to the Administrator of the facility, and / or Occupational Health and Safety Committee.
5. Ensures that all reported injuries / illnesses are treated promptly and documented according to policy and ensures transportation for treatment of critical injury is arranged. 6. Ensures that dietary staff is knowledgeable about facility fire and disaster plan.
BACKGROUND / QUALIFICATIONS:
Must be a member in the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management, or a member of the College of Dietitians of Canada
- Must be bilingual (French/English)
- Some experience in large quantity food preparation, financial planning and food purchasing.
- Previous supervisory experience in a unionized Long Term Care setting or Retirement Residence.
- Must be knowledgeable of nutritional needs of the elderly.
- Must demonstrate a creative flair for menu planning, preparation and presentation.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of computer applications.
- Must have strong leadership skills and proven ability to supervise and secure the co-operation of the dietary employees.
- Must be able to work and communicate effectively with geriatric residents.
- Must be an effective team player who works well with others.
- Must be knowledgeable of the Ontario Food Premises Regulation, Ontario Regulation 79/10 made under the Long Term Care Homes Act, 2007, and the OH&S Act.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!