Job title :
LONG–TERM CARE ATTENDANT
GATEBY IC FACILITY
Do you pride yourself on your positive attitude and adaptability? Are you dedicated to delivering patient-centered care? Then we want you to come join our team at Gateby Care Facility!
Gateby, located in Vernon, embodies a resident-centered philosophy designed to support residents’ choices, help people function at their highest level, and provide the best quality of life possible. This facility is three stories. Each floor is divided into three neighbourhoods of 18-19 beds each for a total of 75 private rooms. Each of the three neighbourhoods on the dementia unit has a separate kitchen and dining area. On the 3rd floor, all residents share a main dining area. There is also a Recreation Therapist on site and a monthly calendar of events posted. Past outings have included boat trips, shopping trips, scenic drives, and legion lunches as well as various games & programs daily.
As the Long-term Care Attendant (LTCA) you will work as an integral part of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team, who provide care and support in a long-term care setting. Working under the direction of RN’s and LPN’s, LTCA’s have key responsibilities in the individual care plan for each resident, ensuring their physical, emotional and social needs are supported, while promoting maximum independence.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements may vary to a maximum of 37.5 hours per week. We are particularly seeking candidates looking for evening and weekend work at this time and have several casual opportunities available.
Typical duties include:
- Assist with personal care and activities of daily living
- Assist with mobility, transfers and related equipment
- Perform nursing procedures such as taking temperature, pulse and respiration
- Housekeeping activities relating to maintaining a safe and healthy environment
- Observe and report changes in resident behavior and condition
- Accompany clients on outings and during social activities
- Perform clerical duties and delegated tasks
Many new employees start out in casual or temporary positions before being successful on a permanent position and having a long and rewarding career with Interior Health. This is your opportunity to join a great team who really cares about their residents and their community. Apply today!
- Grade 10
- Graduation from a recognized Nursing Assistant / Health Care Aide Program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Registration with the BC Care Aide & Community Health Worker registry (please include your active number)
- Along with a copy of your CV (or resume) please upload a copy of your health care certificate.