Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada at the time of application. Candidates must have one of the following to be eligible for consideration – Canadian Citizenship, valid Permanent Resident status, valid Protected Person status or a valid open Work Permit.
Big Blue Bubble is currently seeking a Systems Administratorwho is interested in a career within the gaming industry. Big Blue Bubble offers an outstanding team environment where fun is at the center of everything we do – from the games we create, to the environment we work in.
In this position, these are the things you will be responsible for:
- Working as the first point of contact for all IT support issues, using JIRA Service Desk.
- Performing day to day operational activities, including server building and administration, system patching and upgrade, backup and recovery, and data center management.
- Proactively monitor system logs and performance, responding to issues, troubleshooting and identifying root causes, and implementing technical solutions.
- Assessing, researching, and analyzing business and system requirements and designing and/or recommending technology solutions to meet those needs.
- Collaborating with other internal teams, external partners and vendors to ensure all aspects of IT projects and support requests are met.
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation and IT policies and procedures.
- Staying abreast of current and future technological developments or trends.
To be an effective team member, you will have:
- College diploma in computer science, IT, or an acceptable combination of education and related work experience.
- Strong competence in the Microsoft Ecosystem (Office, Remote Desktop, Server, Desktop OS), and general Network Administration & Troubleshooting.
- Experience / exposure to VMWare virtualization and related networking and storage concepts (Redundancy, SAN, etc).
- Entry Level Linux/Unix knowledge.
You also have the following attributes:
- Highly organized, detailed and multi-task oriented, with the ability to balance priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills with an ability to interact in a professional and friendly manner with end users at all levels within the organization.
- Solid problem solving and troubleshooting skills coupled with a willingness to learn.
We know the above list is detailed. We don’t expect you to meet all of our criteria but we are looking for proven experience with an appetite and passion for growth. If you think you fit the role then please get in touch with us now to explore the opportunity further!
Big Blue Bubble is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify the HR Director.
Job Type: Full-time