As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
OpenText is the market leader in Enterprise Content Management platforms. The Cloud Platform Engineering team is looking for a software engineer who has knowledge of cloud infrastructure. The position will be responsible for setting up and managing data services and PaaS to support OpenText services on cloud. We need a passionate individual who can scale across roles and is flexible to work with a diverse team.
You are great at:
What it takes:
- Write tools to automate procedures to manage multiple environments;
- Deploy system automation technologies to streamline development, testing and operational activities
- Investigate, resolve and/or provide in depth analysis on environmental issues
- Build, manage and support development and testing environments, assisting developers in debugging application issues using tools
- Setup and manage data services that supports HA and DR;
- Contribute to a library of provisioning and management scripts, and help manage extensive monitoring and alerts infrastructure
- Manage peer code-reviews and testing to maintain high standards
- Provides technical expertise in developing solutions to complex software engineering problems, which require frequent use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Interacts cross functionally on matters that require coordination across functional/organizational lines
- Collaborates well with other engineers and other engineering groups, voluntarily shares information
- Offers proposed design changes/suggestions to processes and products, exerts significant latitude in determining objectives of an assignment
- Knowledge and experience of Kubernetes and containerization;
- Experience of Java programing and shell scripts, good knowledge of REST;
- Experience with one or more of the following tools: terraform\chef\ansible; Knowledge of BOSH a plus;
- Knowledge and Experience with at least one of major rdbms, ideally PostgreSQL; Experience with Cassandra would be a big plus;
- Preferred skills: working experience in virtualization, especially VMware Stack; git and perforce; Knowledge of Linux networking, cpu, memory and filesystem; Knowledge of swift object store;
- Bonus skills: GCP, Azure, AWS, Openstack;
- Ability to learn and evaluate new technology;
- Other skills: problem solving, communication, analytical ability; ability to multi-task;