Make Dreams Happen!!
Not many people can say they go to their job every day and work with people and products that are connected to the lifestyle they love…..here we can!
At WEST 49 Inc., we believe in the strength and uniqueness of our PEOPLE, their PASSION and the amazing PRODUCT we sell. As a leading Canadian multi-banner specialty retailer of apparel, footwear, accessories and equipment relating to skateboarding, snowboarding and surfing, we believe in being genuine in EVERYTHING we do! This means Eating, Sleeping and Breathing the lifestyle we choose to live!
We are currently recruiting Junior Planner for our Head Office in Burlington, Ontario . Please note this position will relocate to Toronto, Ontario in January 2015.
The Junior Planner is responsible for the Planning and Allocation of merchandise across the West 49 Chain of stores. He/she displays strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills. The Merchandise Planner ensures that our merchandise plans reflect our strategies to meet or exceed company financial targets and are executed correctly through allocating the right goods to the right stores at the right time.
- Drive profitable sales and gross margin growth in merchandise
- Work closely with the Buying group to execute the Merchant vision by creating pre-season sales, gross margin, and inventory plans by department and class that support top line Company financial strategies.
- Allocate product to stores based on assortment plans to meet inventory plans
- Analyze sales and inventory data to identify risks and opportunities
- Recap, analyze and communicate actual to plan results with recommendations for forecasting open to buy
- Monitor weekly and monthly receipt flow. Partner with Logistics Manager and Merchants to ensure sufficient flow to meet business demands
- Co-ordinate and manage event product flow and execution
- Builds strong business relationships within team and across functional departments
- Relevant University degree (business or retail management).
- Must have prior experience in retail analysis and allocations
- Proven analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexible and approachable
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Computer skills including advanced level Excel, word processing and e-mail. Must be able to extract and manipulate large volumes of data
- Previous experience with merchandise management and planning programs (JDA experience would be an asset).
West 49 Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest: However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.