We are proud to be one of North America’s largest integrated master-planned community homebuilders having built over 15,000 new homes and condominiums. We are committed to building excellence and in creating communities that are well located, rich in amenities and full of life. We are proud of our history and excited about our future as we continue to realize our vision to provide families and individuals with a place they can truly call home.
The Customer Service Technician will execute and address items on the warranty work orders in accordance with Empire Communities’ policies in a timely manner, assuring standards are met in every assigned task and in strict accordance to the Health and Safety Act.
Key Functions & Duties:
Skills and Qualifications:
- Identifies, performs required deficiency repair work on homes based on pre-closing reports to quality standards prior to Homeowner possession
- Completes any and all work in an efficient and highly effective manner
- Prepares home for inspection by City for occupancy, insulation and framing, performs drywall checks as required for each home
- Performs tasks under multiple trade functions: residential construction, renovations and repairs
- Effectively communicates and reports progress and trade interventions requirements to on-site Customer Care Coordinators
- This position may require the Service Technician to work scheduled overtime and weekends to meet business needs.
- This position may in the future require you to be available “on-call” after regular hours for emergencies.
- Locate and retrieve necessary material to complete assigned work orders
- Protect surrounding areas to minimize clean up and/or accidental damage during and after repair
- Demonstrate courtesy and professionalism with all associates and homeowners
- Assist other Departments and head office when required in the interest of our Customers
- Miscellaneous duties with regard to community and job site cleanliness, maintenance, security etc.
- Suggest and make recommendations for process improvements
- Responsibilities and essential functions may be modified at any time depending on business needs.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service experience
- Excellent organizational and planning skills to meet timelines
- Effectively able to communicate information with professionalism
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Must have 2-3 previous experience in new home construction
- Must be knowledgeable in Tarion warranty program
- Ability to deal effectively with a high volume of work orders
- Self-motivated and well-organized individual
- Valid drivers’ license, must provide a clean drivers’ abstract
- Must have steel-toed safety boots and hard hat
- Physically able to lift 50 lbs
- Own tools/ ready to work
Empire Communities is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment and as such, any accommodations are available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.