This position is for Pullmatic Mfg., a division of Magna Powertrain. Transforming mobility. Making automotive technology that's smarter, cleaner, safer and lighter. That's what we're passionate about at Magna Powertrain, and we do it by creating world-class powertrain systems. We are a premier supplier for the global automotive industry with full capabilities in design, development, testing and manufacturing of complete powertrain systems, including engine and transmission components. Our name stands for quality, environmental consciousness, and safety. Innovation is what drives us and we drive innovation. Find what drives you, and transform your career at Magna Powertrain.
- Day to day trouble shooting, repair and installation of low and high voltage (single/three phases) industrial electromechanical & control systems for utility & production equipment. This includes electrical, hydraulics, mechanical and pneumatic systems and components such as cylinders, pumps, motors, valves, pipes, hoses, filters, gearboxes, bearing assembles, etc. • Complete all tasks accurately & punctually under the direction of his/her immediate supervisor so that the plant will function safely & efficiently. • Directly responsible for maintenance, debug and continuous improvement of assigned production and production support equipment. • Assist in maintaining documentation for existing and new equipment, control and building power system installations. • Provide assistance to mechanical installations as directed. • Work independently in troubleshooting and repair problems with Programmable Logic Controllers and related components when required. • Be able to obtain back-up PLC programs from a server to reload and reboot PLC programs to restore faulted equipment. • Assist with system startups and operational checkouts on systems including configuration, wiring, calibration, grounding and power testing. • Diagnoses cause of electrical or mechanical malfunction or failure of equipment or systems repairs or replaces defective components. • Experienced in the use of electrical diagnostic equipment such as millimeters, amp clamps and meggers to test electrical circuits and components to locate shorts, faulty connections, defective parts and replaces or repairs to suite. • Interface with equipment operators and maintenance staff to ascertain problems with equipment. • Disassembles replaces or repairs mechanical and electrical components. • Must read and interpret electrical and electronic drawings, schematics, blueprints, engineering drawings and sketches to determine problem and make appropriate repairs. • Examine and test components and support systems to ensure that they are in compliance with all standards and regulations. • Must be competent to make electrical/mechanical diagnostic evaluation and prescribe corrective action. • Test and calibrate electrical/electronic systems and components to ensure that they are operating properly or locate defects. • Uses computerized equipment and software to perform testing functions and produce graphs for records and tracking. • Troubleshoots and repairs electrical/mechanical problems in the robotic systems. • Assembles and installs electrical and electro-mechanical components and systems. • Devises, sets up and operates electronic instrumentation and related electro mechanical or electro pneumatic/hydraulic apparatus used for operation of mechanical or electrical equipment or drives. • Utilize technical materials such as equipment manuals, MSDS, safety materials, system drawings, Process and instrument Diagrams (P&ID’s), schematics and blueprints to troubleshoot and maintain systems.
- Ensures safe practices prior to working on any equipment as to prevent harm to him/herself & to other (eg. Lockout procedure, barricading areas, safe handling of materials, etc.); make supervisor aware of any unsafe procedures or areas so corrective actions can be taken. • Improve Electrical and Control Circuits • Improve hydraulic circuits and systems in regards to stoppage of leaks, cleanliness of hydraulic oil, replacement of untidy pipes and hoses, etc. • Passes on information, experience and knowledge to other maintenance employees in regards to repair jobs, preventative maintenance problem symptoms, etc. which was received during his/her shift. • Inform manager or supervisor about changes in hydraulic, mechanic, electric and pneumatic circuits. • Work in a cost effective manner and maintains a high standards of quality and excellent workmanship. • Performs preventive and predictive maintenance on production and production supporting equipment as outlined in the Individual work instructions. • Maintain safety standards of equipment and work areas according to established procedures and as instructed by the manager or supervisor. • Assist in the development of preventative & predictive maintenance, spare parts tracking & inventory system. • Report to your manager or supervisor any concerns that would affect the smooth operation of the department or of the equipment. • Continuous personnel improvement to learn all aspects of maintenance (both electrical/mechanical fields) as to improve the effectiveness of the overall department. • Document all tasks completed work orders and submit to supervisor for review and filing. • Organization of maintenance stockroom and sign-out any parts required using the MRO procedure. • Responsible for daily, weekly, etc., PM’s for assigned equipment. • Develop maintenance plans for new or existing equipment under direction from manager or supervisor. • Evaluate new project, prepare BOM, request for quotation and order parts as required
Knowledge and Education
- Ontario Industrial Electrician (442A, 309A) and Mechanic (Millwright) Certificate of Qualification • Must have CET designation • Good working understanding of electro-mechanical principles. • Must have strong PLC knowledge, minimum 2 years experiences in writing, programming, and trouble-shooting Programmable Logic (Siemens Step 7, Allen Bradley 5, SLC505, etc.)and troubleshooting experience • Valid scissor lift and lift truck certificate.
- Minimum of 7 years experiences troubleshooting and repairing mechanical presses, CNC machines and welding equipment.
Skills and Competencies
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision and be reliable • Able to problem solve quickly and efficiently. • Good communication skills and must be able to communicate fluently in English (both written and verbal) • Willingness to work as a team and get along well with others • Must be flexible with working hours and breaks • Willing to take responsibility for their work and respond to company needs; i.e. work overtime as required to meet deadline • Working knowledge of TS16949 & ISO14001 systems. • Confined Space, Lockout/Tagout & WHMIS training. • Computer literate and able to use MS office, etc. • Able to train and evaluate apprentice’s experienced in the use of electrical diagnostic equipment such as millimeters, amp clamps and meggers to test electrical circuits and components to locate shorts, faulty connections, defective parts and replaces or repairs to suite. • Be able to read, interpret, and modify electrical prints and schematics and document all self-created changes. • General understanding and hands on experience with explosion proof and intrinsically safe work environments. Knowledge of applicable NEC and NFPA codes. • Complete understanding of Plant electrical systems, including DC voltage and AC voltage from 24V to 600V. • Complete understanding of relay and discrete device control systems. • Proficiency in electrical installations with conduit and wiring practices. • Experience using sensing and control devices. • Experience using both DC and AC motors, VF Drives and Servo Controlled Systems (Allen Bradley preferred). • Experience with plant floor automation and office Ethernet, Device Net, Control Net network wiring and Fiber optic Networks. • Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others. • Directs and coordinates fabrication and installation to ensure equipment and systems conform to engineering design, and Federal and State codes. • Overall responsibility for ensuring safety of the work place, by seeing that appropriate practices are established, in place and enforced. • Responsible for ensuring that equipment specific energy control procedures are developed for all equipment that present the potential for the release of hazardous energy • Must fully understand and adhere to the ARC Flash & electrical shock prevention policy.
- Coordination required. • Plant environment. • Work irregular hours, scheduled plant shutdowns and holidays when required
- Comply with legislative requirements including but not limited to Section 28 of the Occupational Health & Safety Act. - Use or wear equipment, protective devices or clothing that Pullmatic Mfg. requires be using or wearing. - Report hazards to your supervisor/manager that you are aware of. - Will not operate anything or work in a manner that may cause danger. • Ensure TS16949 & ISO 14001 compliance. • Follow guidelines, systems & rules as set out by your employee handbook & company policies. • Ensure 5S for assigned are and plant wide • Perform all job functions in a safe and healthful manner, abiding by all health, safety and environmental rules and regulations • Will conduct oneself in a manner consistent with those practices leading to the safe operation of the division and displaying leadership, concern and a safe work ethic. • Store equipment and tools properly when not in use • Perform other duties as required within his/her abilities. • Treat your fellow workers as you would like to be treated. • Ensure that your work areas and equipment are kept clean, organized and tidy at all times. • Must be flexible in respect to hours of work • Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by Department Manager and/or his designees so direct.