APEXA, a subsidiary of RGAX, is a web-based platform that manages the contracting and compliance of all independent Life Insurance Advisors in Canada. Based in Toronto, Ontario, we are dedicated to helping our clients find ways to adapt the ever-changing insurance regulatory and compliance environment by offering transformative solutions. We have been recognized on the annual REGTECH100 list for 2019 as one of the most innovative RegTech companies in the world. Come join our start-up culture where you'll be challenged, inspired and make a difference as we scale up our business in Canada and beyond.
APEXA is seeking a Senior Program Manager for an 18-month contract to work with the business to manage the project implementation of our platform to Carriers & MGA's in the Canadian Life Insurance Industry.
The Senior Program Manager will be a key part of the leadership team and work with the Business and IT leads to implement the plan, anticipate issues, recommend solutions, communicated with and inspire the team, and help in the communication to the broader organization, including the Apexa Governance Board. The Senior Program Manager will communicate with integrity and enthusiasm to the management, the business, the operational and IT support teams and the stakeholders such that problems will be reported early, solved, and the project delivered in a consultative and enthusiastic fashion by all.
As part of our scale up plan there will be up to 30 customer implementations at the same time across Canada over the next 18 months. The Senior Program Manager will report to the CEO and conduct the program management for our expansion.
In addition, working with the Business, Operations and IT leaders, the Senior Program Manager is responsible for:
- Developing and executing the program plan
- Providing leadership to ensure on time and on budget delivery of the program plan
- Program tracking and reporting on projects
- Assisting with requests from Executive Leadership and the Governance Board
- Establishing budget/financials and resource planning (financial management, cost forecasting, resource planning and tracking)
- Communicating with stakeholders and management and escalating critical issues
- Providing oversight and direction on execution activities:
Consults/mentors/supports Customer Implementation Leads during project phase
Tracking program progress using metrics and dashboards
Facilitating project reviews
Resource planning and allocation
Drives a culture of project management excellence
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP)
- 10+ years experience in project management, resource management
- 5+ years program management experience with large scale projects
- Proven ability to lead, facilitate and drive decisions with Executive Management
- Expert in project management skills; demonstrating ability to evaluate project objectives and scope feasibility, gaining understanding, scheduling resources and managing budgets
- Proven people management skills; demonstrating an ability to lead, mentor and develop staff
- Polished oral and written communication skills,
- Strong skills in project developments, problem solving and planning
- Advanced analytical skills
- Advanced ability to work well within a team
- Ability to manage multiple projects and/or sub-teams simultaneously, including the ability to delegate key areas of responsibility
Insurance industry knowledge
Six Sigma or other process certification
RGAX is the "transformation engine" of RGA that leverages the talent, resources, and insight of RGA's 40+ years of innovation. By partnering with carriers and entrepreneurs, RGAX incubates and accelerates new products and services to change the life insurance ecosystem.
RGAX is passionately driven to ensure success for clients and the insurance industry while achieving the core purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, more financially secure lives, everywhere. To learn more, visit www.rgax.com.
As a note to external recruiters - we will be managing this search completely on our own. So while we can appreciate that you may be interested in helping us, any offers of assistance will be politely declined. Thank you for your understanding.