Wheat Seed Production Research Associate-1903442
You can be part of an inclusive team of diverse talent and character. In this diversity lies our greatest strength.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Wheat Seeds Production Research Assistant – Summer Intern
Contract Duration – 4 - 6 months
Edmonton and Crossfields
As a Wheat Production Research Assistant, you will join our team where you will be involved in:
- -Plot trials for Hybrid Spring Wheat Production Research. The successful candidate will participate in programs evaluating innovative spring wheat seed production methods. The main objective of the program is to improve and optimize production systems that influence seed quality and seed yield from parental lines.
- -The assistant will be responsible for field activities related to the management and data collection from two sites located in Edmonton and Calgary area.
- - In addition to data collection, there are responsibilities that include but are not limited to the timely execution of agronomic practices such as seeding, pest control, plot maintenance, harvesting and sample processing. This position also has direct responsibility for communicating with growers from time to time.
Ingredients for Success:
What We Look For in You…
- Above average communication skills and the understanding of working on team settings.
- -Ability to work with diverse personalities while maintaining mutual respect.
- -Knowledge of seed physiology, seed pathology or seed production.
- -Demonstrable problem-solving skills and comfortable working alone from time to time.
- - Ability to be flexible and modify plans as situations arise to minimize impact on results.
- -Experience with farm equipment.
- - Agronomic knowledge attained through pursuing your degree in Agriculture or similar program, preferably along with experience in the Agriculture Industry.
- - A valid class 5 driver’s license is required for this position.
- -Able to travel domestically; approximately 75% during wheat growing season.
We welcome and encourage applications from all persons. BASF has a robust policy of accommodating employees who are able to perform the essential duties of the job upon accommodation. In particular, applicants with disabilities are entitled to a recruitment process and accessible materials.
REDE - Research & Development