Canadian Health Solutions is looking for an experienced and qualified individual to join our team in the role of Accountant/Bookkeeper. The ideal candidate for this position is someone who demonstrates strong organizational and analytical skills; excellent communication and can multitask. Some additional and necessary qualities we are seeking is an individual who maintains confidentiality, is reliable and committed to consistently meeting deadlines. If this describes you, please apply today and join our rapidly growing team.
· Provide full cycle bookkeeping and accounting services to Canadian Health Solutions and our group of companies;
· Record and post day-to-day financial transactions and journal entries, reconcile accounts, prepare trial balance, maintain general ledgers and prepare internal financial reports for management purposes;
· Assist with budgeting, month-end activities, internal audit/reconciliations, and cost variance analysis;
· Process detailed accounts payable/receivable, track payments, and obtain the necessary approvals;
· Prepare payroll, including government reporting, remittance, WCB, T4’s, ROE’s, etc.;
· GST/HST reporting and remittance;
· Conduct bank reconciliations; bank deposits and electronic funds transfers;
· Work with external financial partners such as payroll service providers, CRA, accountants, etc.;
· Learn and effectively use internal structure and procedures for: recording financial transactions, intercompany transfers and tracking system for company files;
· Scan documents and maintain electronic filing system on company file servers;
· Work effectively with QuickBooks, Excel and/or other accounting software implemented;
· Maintain a professional and courteous attitude throughout all interactions; and
· Other work related to the position as assigned from time to time.
· Completion of post-secondary education in accounting, bookkeeping or related field;
· Minimum of 3 years Bookkeeping experience ;
· Minimum of 2 years QuickBooks experience;
· Intermediate to Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel;
· Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (ASPE);
· Organizational and time management skills. Ability to multi-task is critical;
· Coordination and management of conflicting priorities under pressure;
· High level of motivation, maturity and dependability;
· Fast learner and open to feedback;
· Detailed oriented to ensure accurate deliverables;
· Strong initiative to meet deadlines; and
· Team player and an ability to collaborate.
Location: 3700 Westfield Road, Saint John, NB, Canada. Potential to temporarily work remotely.
Office Hours: 8:30am-5:00pm with the need to be flexible with any extended coverage or on call requirements.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $40,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year
To keep our employees as safe as possible we are administering a daily Staff Screening for Covid-19 and have implemented stringent cleaning protocols.