We are looking for individuals with system administration and software development experience in a Windows Environment and /or Linux/UNIX with a strong interest in working and learning about networking, unified communications, and application layer standards and protocols, as well as with scripting and some programming languages.
The team you would be joining is a day to day operational support team, where you will be exposed to daily challenges and issues for geographically diverse customers, in a fast-moving environment that will demand an ability to problem solve and deal with many different issues at the same time. The skills you develop in this team will be invaluable and rewarding for your future endeavours.
UNI-6 - $70,269 - $82,670 per year
This position is currently eligible for a market allowance of $5,528.34 annually.
The salary and market allowance numbers above are under review.
University degree in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering;
College diploma in Computer Science, Computer Systems Technician or another IT related field relevant to the position.
- Experience in supporting and troubleshooting computer systems in a multi-user environment. Including fixing or installing IT equipment (relevant examples would include PCs, monitors, printers, KVM switches, transceivers, etc.)
- Experience in operating systems and software applications (server or desktop) in a networked, multi-user environment.
- Experience working with or responding to IT service requests from clients.
- Experience with basics concepts of image management in a networked environment and advanced enterprise wide software deployments in a networked environment
- Experience working with or responding to IT service requests from clients, and working with clients to ensure problems are resolved to their satisfaction.
- IT User Support/Help Desk – Applies his/her in-depth technical knowledge of a specific application, system or business process to support users who have questions or who are experiencing difficulties, errors or system failures and to keep the IT environment functioning efficiently, effectively and securely.
- Infrastructure / Platforms – Knowledge and ability to support the enterprise computing infrastructure (e.g. enterprise servers, client server, storage devices and systems, hardware and software) in the provision, management, storage, operation, scheduling, support and maintenance of the infrastructure.
- Knowledge of Information Technology – Possesses a generalist’s knowledge of all areas in IT, including but not limited to: Software Application Development, Database Management, IT Security, IT Architecture, System Administration.
- System Integration – The incremental and logical integration and testing of components and/or subsystems and their interfaces in order to create operational systems
- Telecommunications (Data and Voice) Networks – Knowledge and ability to implement the methods and practices governing the design, analysis, development, management and use of the hardware and software used to transfer information such as data, voice, images and video.
Various language profiles
Who Can Apply:
Canadian citizens who can qualify for a Top Secret security clearance conforming to CSE’s standards.
Candidates must have no criminal record.
The screening process involves a security interview, a polygraph test, a psychological assessment, and a background investigation covering a minimum of your last 10 years history, including credit and financial verifications.
How To Apply:
Applicants must clearly demonstrate in their application how they meet each EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE criteria. Failure to do so will result in the applicant being screened out of the selection process.
If you meet these requirements, you may submit your candidacy online by clicking “APPLY” at the bottom of the page.
Candidates must clearly demonstrate in a cover letter and resume, each screening factor (education, experience and assets) as a heading, and provide a description illustrating how they meet the qualifications by providing concrete examples. Failure to provide the above level of details may result in your application not receiving further consideration.
You must provide proof of education credentials
A written test may be used as a screening tool.
Interview(s) and reference checks will follow for candidates who are successful on the screening test.
The market allowance does not form part of an employee’s salary. This allowance is negotiated through the collective bargaining process.
All tests and interviews will take place in Ottawa. Please note that CSE will not provide financial assistance to candidates who wish to travel to Ottawa to participate in the selection process.
The entire selection process – tests, interviews, security investigation – may take more than one year.
CSE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minority groups. CSEC offers an assessment process which will accommodate the needs of persons with disabilities. If you may need such accommodation, please advise us.
CSE is a separate organization and is not subject to the Public Service Employment ACT (PSEA). The organization has its own values-based staffing regime and as such, has the flexibility to determine qualifications for positions and how these positions will be assessed in a selection process.
Overtime and standby duty may be required.
We thank all those who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.