Closing Date: August 2, 2021
An exciting and challenging opportunity exists for a Permanent, Full-Time Infrastructure Administrator with the City of Kamloops! The Infrastructure Administrator will implement, manage, and maintain many aspects of the City’s infrastructure including desktops, laptops, servers, storage, Exchange, Active Directory, Office 365, and physical, virtual, and cloud/hybrid environments. The incumbent will work with other IT team members to respond to systems-related and server-related escalations, requests, and projects as assigned. If you are someone with very strong technical skills, a broad background, and understand every layer of the technology stack, this position of Infrastructure Administrator may be a great fit for you.
Typical duties of this position include:
- Works closely with the Software Engineers, Network Administrators, and the IT Solution Architect to provide technical analysis and resolution of customer issues, and balances technology needs with the business’ and customers’ needs and demands.
- Participates in the design of infrastructure.
- Collaborates with team members, leads and represents the team on specific projects, and mentors other technical members of the team.
- Researches, evaluates, and installs system and software updates and patches and resolves software-related problems.
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Completion of a Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree or an equivalent degree OR a combination of a diploma in a Computer Science related field AND Infrastructure or Network Certifications (covering data management and security, cloud computing, networking, and/or Microsoft backend platforms) AND 5 years Tier 3 recent experience in a combination of Infrastructure and Network.
- Valid BC Driver’s Licence – Class 5 (or equivalent).
- Minimum two years previous experience that includes managing VMWare, Windows Server Administration and Active Directory and Office 365 Administration.
- Minimum one year previous experience working in Microsoft Azure or AWS.
- Minimum one year previous experience administering Linux servers.
For new hires, and for those working in designated positions of trust, including those working directly with vulnerable persons, no formal offer of employment will be made until an applicant completes a police information check. A comprehensive benefits package is included with this position.
CUPE Inside 13
Hours & Days of Work
Monday to Friday:
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (winter)/8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (summer)
- Shift can be changed as follows up to a maximum of five times per month:
2:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. 3:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
- Shift can also be changed as follows up to a maximum of one time per month:
11:00 p.m. - 7:00 a.m.
Hours per Week
City of Kamloops -> Corporate Services -> Information Technology
Database & Security Manager
August 2, 2021
We accept applications online only; be sure to carefully read the application instructions for each job you apply to.
We are an equal opportunity employer and thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that persons with disabilities who require assistance with the application process may contact the Human Resources Department at (250) 828-3439.
Education : College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
Experience : 5 years or more