Working for BBA means being part of a team of talented people who have the passion to succeed and the drive to excel in order to provide first-class service to clients.
Recognized for its extensive field experience and cutting-edge expertise, BBA has been delivering a comprehensive range of consulting engineering services for over 35 years, from studies and design to commissioning and then operational support. Our firm is supported by a network of offices across Canada to carry out mandates at the local, national and international levels.
BBA provides a stimulating and friendly working atmosphere. We focus on building teams with complementary talents and provide employees with a work environment conducive to developing their skills.
BBA is a Canada's Best Employer recipient from Aon Hewitt and is part of the prestigious Platinum Club of the Best Managed Companies, which unites companies that have held onto their title for over six consecutive years. For BBA, making the list speaks to the rigour of our practices and our unique approach to employee and client relations.
To find out more about BBA, follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our talent acquisition specialists: http://www.linkedin.com/company/bba_2.
Job Description :
Work Schedule :
- Perform Maintenance, testing and commissioning various electrical apparatus, protection relays and control systems in utility and industrial installations
- Help develop commissioning procedures for equipment and systems
- Participate in the risk assessment for the work to be performed
- Provide technical support to the firm's clients
- Carry out different types of testing maintenance or repair work on instrumentation, electrical equipment and systems
- Support electrical specialists with testing and commissioning work
- Troubleshoot equipment such as instruments, starters, motors, switches, cables, controls, EFV and Softstart
- Perform thermographic inspections
- Draft reports for verifications, anomalies and follow-ups
- Ensure client satisfaction and be highly familiar with NETA and ISO 9001:2008 standard requirements
- Comply with safety requirements and rules
- Draft and prepare drawings, specifications and technical reports (studies, letters, memos, etc.)
- Monitor projects
- Rigour and attention to detail
- Communication and interpersonal relationships
- Able to make quality decisions
- Team lead
- Respectful and trustworthy
- Alignment with BBA ethics and values
- Business acumen (internal/external entrepreneurship)
- College diploma in Automation or Electrical Engineering Technology, Industrial Electronics, Telecommunications or other relevant education
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in electrical apparatus maintenance and testing
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in protection relay programming and testing
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in control system testing
- Knowledge of in Hydro generation, windfarm, solar system, etc.
- Knowledge of testing process equipment and systems
- Knowledge of the ISO:9001 and NETA standards
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Asset: Programming and testing experience for instrumentation and electrical apparatus
- Asset: Knowledge in PLC and other control systems
- Asset: Experience in drafting calls for tender, proposals and technical specifications
- Asset: Fluency in English and French, both spoken and written
BBA is committed to promoting diversity and employment equity. We thank you for your interest in our firm. Please note that only those candidates selected will be contacted.