The Bakery Clerk role is to prepare, package, label, stock, and decorate delicious products.
In addition the individual will also be responsible for assisting customers, and receiving bakery orders.
Work Schedule: Monday through Sunday, 32 - 40 hours per week, 8 hour days.
Hours: Between 8 am and 7:30 pm.
What we offer
- Competitive pay rates with profit sharing
- A fun, clean place to work that encourages work life balance
- Benefits that include life, health and dental insurance
- An excellent facility with state of the art equipment
- Coaching and mentoring from the Management team and Owners
- 10% employee discount
- Occasional training programs such as Food Safety and First Aid
- Ensure a friendly, positive, and supportive work environment
- Provide courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service
- Assist in receiving and verifying shipments for accuracy and quality
- Organize and ensure proper storage of inventory
- Answer telephone calls and place orders
- Ensure merchandise shelves are fully and properly stocked
- Make, prepare and package baked goods such as breads, cakes, pastries and cookies
- Maintain clean and tidy preparation and packaging areas
- Follow and ensure government regulations are adhered by, for e.g., Dine Safe.
- Comply with company policies and procedures
- Attend huddles and occasional staff meetings
- Flexible availability from 6:00 am to 7:30 pm
- Other assigned duties as they may arise
- Bakery experience is an asset, but not required
- Commercial Cake Decorating Experience is a PLUS
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to lift, bend and reach
- Good knife handling skills
- Creativity is a must
SUNRIPE is an equal opportunity employer, that welcomes diversity in the workplace. We are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities upon request and throughout the selection process. All information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent