Martinrea is a diversified global automotive supplier engaged in the design, development and manufacturing of metal parts, assemblies and modules, complex fluid management systems and aluminum products. We employ approximately 15,000 skilled and motivated people at manufacturing, engineering and technical centers in Canada, the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Germany, Slovakia, Spain and China. Our business strategy leverages world-class technologies, motivated and talented people, and high-quality products.
Our Mission is to make people's lives better by:
Delivering outstanding quality products and services to our customers;
Providing meaningful opportunity, job satisfaction, and job security for our people;
Being positive contributors to our communities; and,
Providing superior long-term investment returns to our stakeholders.
Our strength is our people
Responsible to fabricate production assisted devices and other production related items
Knowledge and Skills (Education):
- Must be able to read and write in English
- Must have obtained Welder certification
- 5 - 7 years experience in similar role
- Ability to work independently and draw from experience with minimal supervision
- Ability to problem solve and follow standardized practices and procedures
- Mechanical aptitude; thorough knowledge of machine print reading and interpretation,
- Working knowledge of Mills and Lathes
- Preps metals, layouts, cut and fits materials for welding. Evaluates and interprets show drawings, sketches and other data to be used in the preparation of product to be manufacturer
- Fabricates racks, railings and bins and general maintenance work. Prepare parts using shear, break press, roller, band saw, drill and punch press
- Works with various types and sizes of metal such as stainless steel, aluminum, cast and wrought iron, brass and bronze, using various methods such as gas metal arc welding (MIG), gas tungsten arc welding (TIG), shielded metal arc welding (SMAC), flux core arc welding (FCAW)
- Weld in all positions, welds flat, vertical and horizontal surfaces
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality product
- Ensures and maintains welding in good working order.
- Abide by all company polices including, but not limited to the following; Health and safety, Quality and Environmental Systems,
We invite you to follow your dreams and explore a challenging and rewarding career at Martinrea.
Here at Martinrea, our employees are our backbone. We feel with bringing in new skills sets and knowledge will allow potential applicants to become great assets to the company. We look forward to hearing from applicants and giving them the opportunity to become a part of our team!