Reporting to the Transitions Business Development Director, the Transitions Champion is a sales representative responsible for driving Transitions sales with independent ECPs that will deliver on Transitions Optical and Essilor’s demanding business and sales objectives. The incumbent will also work closely with a Regional Sales Manager to grow the Transitions sales in their assigned territory.
- Drive Transitions boost program in assigned territory with a selected group of eye care professional accounts. This is all in pursuit of elevating Essilor Canada’s and Transitions optical business results and specific sales activities and predetermined KPIs;
- Act as a Transitions ambassador in your region, actively partner with regional sales team members to share Transitions products and programs knowledge and best practices to maximize Transitions sales with accounts managed by other team members in region;
- Steward the brand/category – guides and instill in the sales organization the passion, knowledge, tools and incentives that support the brand strategy and brand sales;
- Develop strong customer relationships, ensure the highest level of customer experience on each and every engagement with ECP accounts;
- Seek to learn and track market intelligence from customers;
- Maximize in field time to grow sales and in customer presence;
- Develop and execute detailed Territory plans at a customer level;
- Perform Sales Administration and Analysis of territory including timely reporting;
- Conduct business reviews with customers;
- Integrate with customers to determine the best way to add value to customer processes and profitability in conjunction with Essilor & Transitions Optical goals;
- Develop corporate contacts and cultivate relationships at all levels, leading to incremental business;
- Maintain communications with management and leadership on various customer activities and initiatives;
- Communicate regularly and systematically with existing customers whether remotely by phone or by visiting the customer’s locations a minimum of 4 times per year;
- Coordinate and plan the logistics related to customer requests, whether for new initiatives, the implementation of new ideas, specific training or other needs related to our common interests;
- Participate with the sales team to solve some issues related to the coordination or understanding of our customers;
- Support the Regional Sales Manager and National Business Development Director, Transitions for the analysis of increasing and decreasing accounts;
- Participate in regional team meetings and national sales meetings and work with colleagues when necessary;
- Participate in regional industry events.
- College degree in business, optic or any related field. Bachelor’s degree will also be considered.
- Minimum of 3 years of sales training experience;
- Strong experience in representation (field), preferably in optics;
- Optical or related healthcare industry experience preferred;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook tools;
- Outstanding selling skills and product knowledge;
- Strong organizational, territorial, time management and follow-up skills;
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills;
- Ability to develop and implement training and business plans;
- Highly developed and effective verbal and written communication skills in French and English (for Quebec position) and English for Ontario and BC positions
- Frequent travelling across the territory – required to have a car and a valid driver’s license
Essilor Canada is an equal opportunity employer and will accommodate individuals with disabilities through each stage of the recruitment and selection process.