Are you interested in the media and want to make a difference for the deaf and hard of hearing? VITAC Canada, a Verbit company, is looking for serious and motivated candidates to join its team of voice captioners to produce hearing impaired captioning for live TV shows using its voice recognition technology.
- Proficiency in the software application used at VITAC Canada to create high quality live captions that meet CRTC standards;
- Simultaneously repeat and interpret the words heard in a coherent manner and structure the statement using punctuation
- Carry out the research required to prepare the subjects and types of programs to be captioned and become familiar with the vocabulary
- Ensure the revision and correction of transcriptions in order to supervise and maintain the quality of the productions
- College degree in communication, journalism, literature, linguistics or a related field preffered
- Excellent written and oral English communications skills;
- Great diction with native English accent;
- Ability to synthesize information effectively;
- Ability to learn new applications quickly;
- Resourcefulness and autonomy;
- Ability to remain calm under stress;
- Nice to have: Basic knowledge of French (spoken and written).
- Temporary positions (12 months), opportunity to renew yearly.
- This position includes mainly morning and/or evening shifts, including weekends. Pay premium applies to night hours.
- Must be available for the holidays shifts.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Selected candidates will be submitted to competency tests.
Job Type: Temporary
Contract length: 12 months
Salary: $20.00-$24.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
All Covid-19 measures are in place as per CNESST
- Are you located in the area of Greater Montreal?