Position: Intermediate Cost Analyst, not looking for senior or junior candidates at this time
Location: Port Elgin
Duration: 12 Months
Rate: $55.00/HR to your incorporation
The Cost and Schedule Analyst will provide support for report development and maintenance, information accumulation, performance monitoring, analysis, and problem solving as it relates to programming, e.g. development of data management tools and key performance indicators, project planning, schedule and resource analysis, and functional support.
- Assist management in monitoring performance related to EPS program activities, budgets, projects and key performance indicators.
- Produce and maintain divisional performance measurement reports and recommend corrective actions to achieve program performance targets.
- Develop and maintain performance metrics and key performance indicators, i.e. predictive reporting, statistical reports, progress reports.
- Act as a highly technical resource to solve problems in the areas of data reporting, budget performance and database information (Workday/Passport).
- Provide support to EPS management related to WFP monitoring, OM&S cost analysis, forecasting and contract management.
- Monitor Divisional financial performance through ongoing reporting and maintenance of internal spreadsheets to track budget, actuals and forecast.
- Analyze financial program performance; identify budget variances, significant risks and recommend corrective actions.
- Monthly analysis and submission of budget forecast.
- Monitor and maintain reporting of the EPS Divisional Workforce Plan vs. actuals.
- Develop reports and reporting tools for various EPS processes.
- Maintain reporting tools and provide technical and analytical support for EPS end-users.
- Support annual Business Planning process through historical financial trend analysis, risk management assessment, EPS Management engagement and data input.
- Act as the SPOC/SME/Administrator for designated Management Information Systems.
- Act as a highly technical resource to help staff work effectively and solve problems related to budget performance, material requests, contract management, capital projects etc.
- Acquire benchmark information from internal and external sources to support EPS performance improvement
- Contribute to project review meetings, as necessary, to monitor progress, identify problems, and initiate corrective actions.
- Recommend and implement improvement(s) to processes and tools where appropriate.
- Perform other duties as required by the Cost & Schedule Analyst job description.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Passport Data knowledge (Action Request, Contract Management, , Material Requests)
- Workday financial report knowledge
- Knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to reference and use the Passport Documentation
- Requires the ability to collect and analyze data from various sources
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, to facilitate effective communication to others.
- Must be self-motivated, self-directed, take initiative and be a team player
- COGNOS and Esuite knowledge would be an asset
- Knowledge of work programming concepts, industrial management and processes, management information systems, economics and accounting practices to understand and assess the numerous interdependencies of the nuclear power plant operation.
- Knowledge of the interrelationships and roles of the organizational units; as well as, the interrelationships between work groups, external contractors, and consultants involved.
- Must have the ability to exercise tact, discretion and good judgment with confidential and sensitive information.
Education and Experience:
- This knowledge is normally considered to be acquired through the successful completion of a four-year university education in an appropriate field (e.g. engineering, business administration, accounting, computer science) or by having the equivalent level of education and or experience
- Experience in the application of work methods, resourcing of work, logical sequencing of work activities and resolution of common problems in these areas is desired
- Experience in the application of various computer systems and software
- A period of over 6 years and up to and including 8 years is considered necessary to gain this experience
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $55.00 /hour