Canada (CA) - Edmonton, AB
This position is eligible for our domestic relocation program
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
Our Field Operations Canada, Heartland team in Central and Northern Alberta is evolving to meet the needs of our growing business. We are seeking a Field Work Planner with excellent verbal and written communication skills to work closely with field teams and Management, and coordinate work with other appropriate technical resources.
The successful candidate will complete the planning and scheduling for the Heartland Area. The candidate will be using multiple tools for tracking, planning and scheduling short and long-term work plans. You will be working on a high performing planning team that will allow you to expand your skills and provide knowledge and feedback for other initiatives.
What you’ll do
- Develop (1-3 months) area work plans incorporating pipeline project work, maintenance programs, regulatory compliance activities, and corrective maintenance work
- Develop work execution plans and detailed schedules to provide direction and coordination of project activities associated with pipeline work within the area
- Ensure work orders and other required documentation are created and properly scoped and reported for all work in the area
- Manage the work plans to ensure that corrective work and work backlog items are incorporated and opportunities to bundle and combine work are identified and all work is resourced as required
- Utilize regional contracting strategies, including supply of parts and vendor services, to ensure required resources are available to complete the work as planned
- Act as the Area contact for all other departments for short term planning issues, resource availability, and progress reports for all major area work
- Provide regular assessments and reports of work plan completion and variance
- Incorporate revisions and ensure accuracy of entity information and maintenance programs that are modified at a local or Area level
- Coordinate technician training requirements for the field work
- Technical school graduation or Associate degree
- Four (4)+ or more years of related experience
- Two (2)+ years or more experienced in project management and/or work planning and scheduling
- Working knowledge and expertise with computerized maintenance management systems for work planning and information retrieval, specifically SAP and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to assess continuous changing resource demands and make suitable adjustments to existing plans with limited management guidance
- Superior organizational skills to support coordination of multiple tasks
- Effective analytical skills to support reporting, tracking, and troubleshooting
- Must possess a keen attitute to effectively operate in a team-oriented environment with a willingness to support team objectives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to work closely with field teams and Management, and coordinate work with other appropriate technical resources including but not limited to email and phone correspondence
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization
- Must be able to handle rapidly shifting priorities and multiple projects concurrently, requiring resolution of complex problems in stressful situations
- Ability and initiative to work independently, display creativity, and exercise sound judgment
- Ability to achieve certification in project management
- Strong understanding of pipeline facility operations
Additional Role Requirements
- Have and maintain a valid driver's license and safe driving record
- Be subject to callouts with extended workdays/weeks as required to complete assignments or emergency support
- Travel frequently within the assigned area of responsibility
- Travel occasionally to other company locations which may include overnight trips
- Possibility of spending long periods at a computer work station, drive long distances and be exposed to field operations and construction environments
Apply to this posting by 02/06/2020 using reference code 60853. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Use a desktop or laptop computer to avoid system errors.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
- Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
- Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
- All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
- TC Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting email@example.com.