About the Company
Giraffe Foods Inc. is a fast-paced Mississauga-based food company specializing in the development and manufacture of custom sauces, dips, dressings and beverage concentrates for Food Service, Retail and Industrial customers. Founded in 1997, Giraffe Foods is a privately-held business that is growing rapidly by delivering quality, consistency, service and value to all customers. With a GFSI Certified Food Safety program and Tier 2 Status with C-TPAT, Giraffe proudly ships products throughout North America and overseas.
The Maintenance Shift Lead Technician will be responsible for attending the safe and timely breakdown repairs and preventative maintenance of all plant and equipment to optimize the day to day manufacturing operations.
Perform tasks including mechanical, electrical, controls, pneumatic, hydraulic, trouble shooting and repair of all production machines and filling equipment. Building and facilities maintenance is also a necessary requirement.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the daily activities of the maintenance team.
- Diagnose all electrical, mechanical, control, hydraulic and pneumatic problems.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals, drawings, schematics diagrams and work orders in order to perform required maintenance.
- Perform daily corrective and preventative maintenance, troubleshooting on all blending, packaging and filling equipment.
- Completion of daily/weekly/monthly safety checks, PMs and performing routine plant monitoring and checks in accordance with maintenance schedules and record actions.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems and perform repairs and preventative maintenance tasks on machinery, plant and equipment including; controls, conveyor belt systems, material handling, industrial blenders, pumps and other plant systems by using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown to correct the problem.
- Work on buildings and facility equipment.
- Update written and electronic records and as directed monitor work of contractors as required.
- Assist with ongoing management of inventory levels for critical replacement parts.
- Participate in staff development and training sessions as required.
- Adhere to work schedules consistent with the needs of the plant including on call flexibility to work evenings and weekends with production, plant, and warehouse teams to schedule maintenance tasks to limit production down time.
- Perform other duties as directed.
Education, Experience & Competency Requirements:
- Electrical (442A or 309A) Certification and Industrial Mechanic (Millwright 433A- Red Seal) Certification or dual ticket required.
- Programming PLC’s would be an asset
- Advanced hand tool experience required; previous working knowledge of pneumatic, motors, conveyors, shaft alignment, pulleys, belts and bearings and the ability to troubleshoot/diagnose failures of the same.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a Food Manufacturing Environment. Candidates should have familiarity with food plant equipment maintenance, mobile equipment, industrial blenders, filling equipment and conveyor belt systems.
- Programming PLC’s would be an asset
- Experience in maintaining accurate and complete maintenance record documentation.
- Computer skills, Microsoft Office particularly in Excel and Word, Data entry for CMMS.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational skills, with strong attention to detail, and a willingness to learn. English language skills in speaking, reading, and writing.
Interested candidates may apply on-line.
We thank all those that apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Maintenance: 5 years (Required)
- Food industry: 5 years (Preferred)
- Electrical: 5 years (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)
- Electrical (Required)
- Millwright (Required)