Since 1974, Circle of Care, a non-profit community based agency, has been a recognized leader in the provision of in-home services in the Toronto area. Circle of Care is an employer of choice. Our employees bring compassion and caring to their roles. Whether assisting our clients in the community, or working hard behind the scenes, they are committed to giving each client the best possible experience. At Circle of Care, our mission is to support individual independence and to sustain and enhance quality of life in the community.
As a PSW with Circle of Care you will provide the highest quality of care to your clients in the community. You understand that your clients are dealing with illness or frailty, and simple tasks can prove challenging for them. Your job involves providing personal care to seniors living in their homes including: grooming, bathing, dressing, and toileting and meal preparation. You may also be asked to perform some light housekeeping, and companionship or emotional support. You are comfortable travelling to and from client’s homes throughout the day within the community.
We are looking for:
Both full and part time Personal Support Workers
Our ideal candidate:
You are good at:
- A compassionate, hardworking individual with a passion for working with seniors
- An independent and driven worker who will put the client’s needs first
- A positive person who will empower others to reach their full potential
- Connecting with older adults
- Maintaining integrity, trust and professionalism
- Motivating and encouraging others
- Problem solving challenges and obstacles
- Team work and communication
- Fostering a safe environment
You are especially needed if you:
- Ontario Certified Personal Support Worker (PSW) Certificate and/or National Association of Career Colleges (NACC) Certificate OR
- Home Support Worker (Level 2 or 3). Health Care Aide or PA+2 OR
- Registered Nurse (RN)/Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) Certificate (domestic or foreign trained). RN & RPN student will require a minimum successful completion of year one OR
- Developmental Support Worker (DSW) Certification OR
- Physiotherapy/Occupational Therapy Assistant Certificate Program from a recognized community college.
- Current Immunization Records
- Current First Aid/CPR Certificate and Mask Fit Test Certificate
- Fluency in both verbal and written English
- Are available to work at least 4 days on the weekdays and/or either one or both days on the weekends
- Drive and have access to a car
- Speak another language other than English (e.g. Russian, Mandarin, Cantonese, Tamil, French, Italian, or Spanish)
- Competitive wages
- Up to 65% TTC pass reimbursement
- Paid orientation and training
- Ongoing educational activities and special events
- Supervision and support
- Employee discount programs
- Agency mobile device for scheduling and communication
- Employee recognition and awards
Circle of Care is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees, volunteers and clients feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the
diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
Circle of Care is a scent free environment. All employees, volunteers and visitors are expected to refrain from wearing or using scented products while visiting our office or working in the client’s home.
We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation, please inform us in advance.
We thank you for your interest in Circle of Care. Only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Powered by people. Sparked by passion. Circle of Care is made up of staff, students, and volunteers who bring energy and purpose, every day.