Maintenance Millwright Technician (Ref:
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities to play a vital role with a global organization. If
you enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to join a stellar team of
professionals, we invite you to apply today!
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, and under the general supervision of the Maintenance Millwright
Supervisor, this is a full time position. The Maintenance Millwright Technician is responsible for the repairs and
maintenance of BVCC equipment and other special maintenance related projects. Working various shift hours,
overtime hours and on weekends as needed may also be required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintenance of air compressors and systems
- Supports rebuilding of sample rock crushers
- Completes regular preventive maintenance of mechanical equipment
- Troubleshoots issues on HVAC, mechanical, electrical and pneumatic systems.
- Fabricates, repairs and installs mechanical equipment/parts
- Provides assistance to other Maintenance team members
- Works with Maintenance Millwright Supervisor with regard to work and purchasing required
- Responds to after-hours emergency calls as required
- Travel to our other laboratories will be required (30% of the time)
- Complies with all company policies, occupational safety regulations, laboratory safety procedures, and
requirements of applicable ISO Quality System SOPs
Experience, Qualifications and Skills:
- Other duties or tasks as assigned from time to time
- Millwright ticket with Red Seal (Journeyman)
- Must be able to perform physical job duties including bending/stooping, climbing ladders,
open/close valves, pounding with hammer and work in confined spaces
- Demonstrate good mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills is a must
- Must be willing to travel to our other laboratories across Canada
- Good communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Strong work ethic with focus on working safely while completing all tasks in an organized and
- Able to work as part of a team and independently with minimum supervision when required
Interested candidates should forward cover letter and resume via email, quoting reference MILL_1909 to:
Bureau Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Please note that applications without the job reference will not be accepted.
Candidates applying for Canadian job postings must have unrestricted authorization to work in Canada.