Vanrx Pharmasystems is at the forefront of introducing groundbreaking robotics and automation into the pharmaceutical sector. The role of Manufacturing Technician is an exciting and diverse opportunity to help drive our successful company’s rapid growth and be a contributing and instrumental member of an experienced Manufacturing team.
Our award winning company is seeking a Manufacturing Technician to join our Manufacturing team. This role entails polishing machined stainless steel components and assembling entry level mechanical work. Strong work ethic, high attention to detail and meticulous work habits are key requirements for the role.
Vanrx Pharmasystems is a pioneering company making the most technologically advanced sterile filling solutions for the pharmaceutical industry. Vanrx aseptic filling machines use robotics, gloveless isolator and machine vision technologies to automate the packaging of injectable drugs into vials, syringes or cartridges.
Vanrx was #1 on the 2018 Deloitte Fast 50 list of the fastest growing technology companies in Canada. The company’s continued growth makes this an exciting time to join our remarkable team.
- Responsible for polishing stainless steel parts, as specified on engineering drawings, using hand-held power tools and equipment using abrasives.
- Responsible for the cleaning of the polished stainless steel parts and ensuring cleaning solution is in compliance to SOP.
- Responsible for annealing stainless steel components as stated in our engineering specifications.
- Performing entry level mechanical assemblies when required.
- Demonstrate a high attention to detail approach in performing work, a strong ability to successfully work in teams and effectively work independently.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized work area.
- Ensuring day-to-day activities are performed in compliance of the safety program.
- Contribute and foster an environment which encourages, supports, and recognizes new ideas and initiatives.
- Engage in continuous improvement initiatives, such as implementing new processes, equipment, etc.
- Support other departments as needed.
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience in interpreting engineering drawings.
- Experience in high quality metal finishing is preferred.
- Demonstrated skill and attention to detail in previous occupation such as auto body work or fine furnitures finishing is preferred
- Weight handling can be over 35 lbs.
- Able to stand for an extended period of time using hand tools.
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple assemblies at a time.
- A post-secondary degree or equivalent diploma in Mechanical Trades or a Repair Technician program is preferred.
What do we offer you?
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive health, dental and life insurance benefits including MSP coverage
- Three weeks paid vacation from your start date
- Flexible work space with every employee having an Apple laptop, you are able to schedule video meetings and attend conferences via video link from remote locations
- We focus on professional development and personal growth; we have a range of internal and external training opportunities available
- Innovative and collaborative work environment with a thriving culture
We are always looking for extraordinary and talented individuals to bring new vision, inventive methods and the confidence to progress at Vanrx Pharmasystems. It's an exciting time to be a part of our growing team, we are constantly thriving by giving our employees the freedom to contribute to making the world a better place.
Please submit a tailored and personal cover letter along with your CV to Vanrx Pharmasystems to be considered for this extraordinary opportunity.
Please visit our careers page for more information https://vanrx.com/careers/
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company Events
- Dental Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- high quality metal finishing: 2 years (Required)
- interpreting engineering drawings: 2 years (Required)
- finishing & polishing: 2 years (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)