Requisition ID: 168015
Career Group: Pharmacy Careers
Job Category: Retail - Post Office
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Job Type: Part-Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia
City: Lower Sackville
Location: 895 Cobequid Road Lawtons
Postal Code: B4C 2N1
Our family of 134,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton’s Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Provide customers with friendly and professional service by processing their service requests, payments, and transactions in an efficient manner. Ensure accurate cash-handling procedures at all times. Actively contribute to an environment of employee and customer engagement.
- Provide customer service to meet customer needs
- Maintain an accurate cash drawer while following company policies and procedures
- Manage lotto services
- Process utility payments, rentals, and transactions
- Perform negative transactions such as refund or return transactions
- Assist in Front End Department functions
- Maintain customer service desk area
- Assist other departments and functions as required
- Adhere to and implement all applicable company standards
- Perform administrative duties as required
- Basic mathematical skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Partial high school
- No previous experience required
- May be required to lift up to 50lbs
- Two person lift required for weights exceeding 50lbs
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Physical work including; but not limited to bending, lifting, and reaching
- Exposure to varying temperatures over short periods of time
- Exposure to sanitation and cleaning chemicals
- Flexible hours and overtime
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.