Legalization has opened up the recreational cannabis market in Canada, and the global demand for medical cannabis continues to expand. In this exciting new environment, Canopy Growth’s mission is to be the No. 1 cannabis company in the world. We’re looking for incredible people to join us on the journey.
With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries — including its flagship, Tweed, and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Cannabis brand — are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of its success, and takes pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth.
Reporting to the Director Internal Audit, and to other leaders within the Internal Audit function for specific assignments, the Senior Internal Auditor will have the key responsibility of assessing the efficiency and effectiveness of internal controls. The Senior Internal Auditor’s primary focus is performing internal audits on the annual internal audit plan. The Senior Internal Auditor role may also support evaluating internal controls over financial reporting during peak times of the annual cycle of the ICFR Program.
- Execute internal audit projects
- Planning and coordination of internal audit reviews
- Internal audit project field work
- Reporting on internal audit project results
- ICFR Program – The Company is required to comply with the internal controls over financial reporting requirements in accordance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002.
- Documentation of processes and controls
- Performing test of design and operating effectiveness
- Work collaboratively with in-house and third-party team members
- Maintaining relationships with Canopy Growth Corporation management and staff
- Contributing to other internal audit / control function initiatives as assigned which may include, for example: Audit Committee reporting, annual internal audit planning, risk assessments, investigations, management action follow up and re-testing or support ad hoc requests from management pertaining to internal controls
- Other duties as assigned
- University degree
- CPA, CA or CMA designation
- 3+ years auditing experience
- Strong knowledge of internal control concepts, principles, and techniques
- Understanding of applying the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
- CIA, CISA or other applicable designations or certifications preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Thrives under continually changing needs
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- High energy and strong work ethic
- Attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficiency with personal computers and associated word processing/spreadsheet/presentation/database software
- Flexibility to perform out of town travel (5-20%)
This is a full-time position based out of Kanata or Toronto ON.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note:
the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.