InVision is a progressive and strategic recruitment provider focused on servicing technical professions encompassing Information Technology, Engineering and Skilled Trades across Canada.
Our client a leading IT organization in the GTA is looking to hire a Backup Administrator to join their rapidly growing team full time.
The Backup Administrator is a member of the System Administration team and part of the broader global infrastructure team. The primary role will be to maintain and support all aspects of the CommVault Backup System and/or any other data backup Systems. Globally responsible for the safeguarding of all company data, creation of policy and procedure documents, and that backups exceed the defined system uptime and performance SLA’s.
Primary Backup Administrator Responsibilities
- Manage all backup global technologies including CommVault, Networker, VDP
- Responsible for operation and maintenance of backup storage (Nexsan, DataDomain)
- Pivotal in architecting the future of backup, managing all software lifecycle and technology refreshes
- Develop / Enforce the Information Lifecycle Management Policies for multi-tiered data infrastructure
- Develop / Enforce the backup/retention policies per local regions and adhere to all applicable laws and regulation for those regions
- Design data management standards & necessary guidelines for any Managed Service Operations
- Provide regular reports on the backup infrastructure state, operation and completion status.
- Perform quarterly capacity planning exercises resulting in forward looking budget recommendations
- Perform daily monitoring and management of the backups implemented; monitor backup jobs, execute restore jobs, troubleshoot failed jobs, and initiate corrective action
- Identify data management impacts and dependencies when planning server or backup infrastructure changes
- Mentor and create documentation/knowledge base articles support teams, allowing them to successfully complete routine tasks and troubleshoot
- Prepare detailed documentation and diagrams for the server and backup infrastructures
- Take ownership of all assigned backup / restore tickets and drive to resolution, researching and escalating to vendors as necessary
- Coordinate worldwide with local support staff for distributed operations. E.g. implement and maintain physical backup infrastructure
- Perform daily SAN Storage operational tasks (on storage related to backup), LUN/space provisioning, monitoring, troubleshoot issues (e.g. latency, etc.), and initiate corrective action
- Help build out servers as required for project work as part of System Administration team
- Take on Level 3 tickets from the Helpdesk queue as part of the System Administration team
- Perform problem management and incident correlation on re-occurring issues; suggest and document workarounds and solutions
- Attend CRB (Change Review Board) meetings and represent all data protection needs
- Be an escalation point on all storage and backup issues & participating in on call, as needed to supplement 24x7 Support
- Experience in handling E-discovery requests and chain of custody requests
- Must have a degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent in real-world experience
- Must have 2-3 years of experience managing a backup solution such as CommVault, Networker, VDP, Backup Exec, Veeam
- Experience with multiple backup solutions is an asset
- Must have a solid understanding of data backup and data recovery architecture. This includes understanding backup scheduling, data retention and the hardware to create a reliable environment
- Must have 2-3 years of general Windows server administration experience
- Must have experience with DR solutions, practices and processes (SRM, Active Dataguard)
- Experience with and/or understanding of VMware is an asset
- Must have a strong technical orientation; be a creative problem solver; and work well in a team-oriented environment
- Full Time Permanent Opportunity
- Excellent compensation and benefits package
- Growth Opportunities
All Qualified candidates will be contacted
InVision is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:
It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 /year