Investment Advisor Assistant, Wealth Management
Vancouver – Job #7066
Who we are:
Canaccord Genuity (CG) is a leading independent full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets. CG is driven by an unwavering commitment to build lasting client relationships – we achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional, and corporate clients through comprehensive wealth management solutions and investment banking services. We are a leading independent wealth management firm in Canada, and the leading mid-market provider of investment banking advisory, equity research, sales and trading services for corporations and institutions.
We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and providing innovative, bespoke solutions. Our entrepreneurial and friendly team will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value excellence and collaboration. We’re looking for talented people who thrive in a dynamic environment and want to have an impact with innovative ideas and best practices.
At CG, we believe that diversity across our business strengthens our client relationships and enables more innovative solutions. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. CG provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for an energetic, detailed and organized individual to join our Wealth Management team in Vancouver. The successful candidate’s role will support a Wealth Management team in establishing and maintaining strong client relationships.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Working directly with a team of Investment Advisors where the focus is on client relationships and building a sustainable wealth management business;
- Assist Investment Advisors with processing and confirming client transactions;
- Deal directly with all clients, provide quotes and execute trading orders;
- Maintain account lists and compile statistical information and reports;
- Process and follow-up on client documentation for proper maintenance of accounts;
- Assist with servicing existing clients;
- Involvement in developing the wealth business using various marketing initiatives;
- Perform additional administrative duties as required.
- Completion of CSC, CPH and licensed with IIROC required;
- 2-3 years of related experience, with a well-rounded knowledge of the securities industry;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent organizational skills, with a strong attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, take initiatives and multi-task;
- Ability to work independently, and effectively with employees and clients at all levels;
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills: good working knowledge of MS Office programs;
- An interest in Financial Planning and/or Insurance would be beneficial;
- Experience with Dataphile, Salesforce and netx360 would be an asset ;
- Have a license to trade with US individuals or be willing to become licensed in the US.