To ensure prompt and courteous reception of all individuals that access the Family Resource Centre (FRC). This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
Activities and Accountabilities
- Provides courteous telephone and in person reception
- Responds to general inquiries regarding the services provided by FRC
- Provides referrals to other community services where appropriate.
- Manages general voicemail; responding and/or forwarding to staff members
- Manages general emails; forwarding or responding where appropriate.
- Monitors the daily electronic appointment and room Schedules
- Collects, opens and distributes all incoming mail; prepares outgoing mail/courier
- Ensures waiting room is kept tidy and that coffee/tea/water supplies are on hand
- Manages the weekly recycling collection
- Records staff meeting minutes and distributes to all staff
- Maintains and updates bulletin boards and brochure rack resources
- Distributes Intake Forms to clients and reviews forms for thorough completion.
- Performs tasks related to the opening & closing of the office in compliance with all established lock-up and after hours procedures
- Coordinates room usage/bookings as required for optimal efficiency
- Stocks/maintains personnel and file form supplies in staff file room
- Pulls files for scheduled counselling appointments and distributes to staff
- Processes cash, cheque, debit and credit transactions for Fee for Service payments using in-house receipt software. Provides receipts to clients.
- Weekly reconciliation of Fee for Service proceeds.
- Maintains office equipment and manages service requests
- Works with Financial Manager to keep stationary and office supplies stocked
- Assists in additional duties that may be required by the Financial Manager and/or the Executive Director
- Maintains a decorum of professionalism at all times
- In all circumstances, preserves client confidentiality
- Is at all times respectful and non-judgmental
- Fosters a healthy working relationship and liaison with local, regional, provincial, federal agencies and special interest groups in the community.
- Respectful, compassionate and client service perspective
- Office Administration Certificate or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of: Windows, Word, Internet, Excel, Desktop Publishing
- Excellent communication skills with superior oral, written and P.R. skills
- Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills with ability to prioritize work
- Telephone system with multi-lines and voicemail system
- Ability to work either collaboratively, or independently with little or no supervision
- High level of confidentiality
- Successful Criminal Record Check
- First Aid
Job Type: Part-time
- office administration: 1 year (Preferred)