Education Canada Group - Robertson College, is seeking a Records Management Specialist to work as Program Developer and Subject Matter Expert. The successful candidate will collaborate on and contribute to the development of a Records Management Technician diploma program for The College. The Specialist will work on a contract basis with flexible hours and a work from home arrangement.
Robertson offers a repertoire of certificate and diploma programs in IT that are delivered in class and online. Robertson’s purpose is to provide global access to purposeful education for students in their pathway to successful careers, with flexibility in time and delivery without the limits of place and distance. At the heart of our philosophy is the pursuit of knowledge and personal growth and development.
Robertson provides students with the opportunity to expand their horizons and prepare them for the next stage of their personal journey. Meaningful, challenging, industry-relevant programs taught by qualified, dedicated instructors are at the core of Robertson’s operation. We pride ourselves in offering students an inclusive community that respects diversity and uniqueness.
- Conduct research and analysis and utilize subject matter expertise to determine competencies required for a Records Management Technician diploma program.
- Create a comprehensive program outline and job profile that aligns with industry needs.
- Lead the development of program curriculum that engages students in relevant, interactive and transferable learning in preparation for employment in the Records Management field.
- Consult with team members on the development of the program; share subject matter expertise to ensure content is industry relevant.
- Develop and determine appropriate teaching/learning strategies, activities and resources to support learning goals and outcomes.
- Develop evaluation criteria and assessment instruments that align with instructional goals and outcomes.
- Organize and maintain project documentation and course content.
- Degree or diploma in Archival Studies, Pubic Administration or Information Management or related field; a combination of skills and experience may be considered.
- Designations, licenses, certificates or courses such as Certified Records Manager (CRM) or Information Governance Professional (IGP) Certification an asset.
- A minimum of four years of experience in records/document management, information management and/or electronic information management systems.
- Knowledge of principles, practices and processes of physical and electronic records management and digital preservation.
- Knowledge of access to information legislation.
- Knowledge of archival principals, as well as current practices in digital preservation.
- Experience developing training programs for professional and educational purposes.
- Knowledge of educational learning theories and curriculum development models.
- Knowledge and experience with course development software and Learning Management Systems (D2L preferred).
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with a team to achieve goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Please apply with resume and cover letter by October 25, 2019
Job Type: Contract
- records/document / electronic information mgmt: 4 years (Required)
- diploma in Admin or Info Mgmt, Archival Studies (Preferred)