Do you want to experience the lifestyle in Whistler, BC - Canada's premier ski resort town? Pan Pacific Whistler is looking for Guest Services Agents to join our team. Elevate your Hospitality career at Canada’s Best Ski Hotel!
Reporting to the Front Office Manager, the Guest Services Agent acts as the guest experience representative for arrival & departures services (check-in/check-out), concierge services & direct-to-hotel reservations calls.
- Provide pre-arrival services including communications, reservations and Guest Service bookings and Information.
- Provide arrival experience services, including greeting, luggage and ski storage, check-in, portering, shuttle service, car valet and concierge duties.
- Provide in-house services, including cashiering and foreign exchange, bell and concierge services.
- Provide departure services including luggage pick-up and storage, check-out services and offering assistance as needed.
- Provide accurate and timely information about events and services available to guests.
- Promote food and beverage and retail partners.
- Provide directions to locations within and outside of the hotel.
- Maintain an organized system of current written information about all local events and services offered by approved suppliers and service providers.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Front Office Manager or Duty Managers.
Qualifications * A minimum of 2 years experience in the hospitality/ customer service industry;
- Previous hotel front desk, administrative or reception experience is preferred
- Organized, detail orientated and able to multi-task
- Impeccable grooming standards
- Quick to smile and engage in conversation
- Excellent command of English, a second language is an asset
- Knowledge of Whistler, the surrounding areas and of local tourist products
- Good knowledge of computers and previous Property Management System experience an asset
- Valid BC Driver's License an asset
- Experience with general office equipment
- Experience managing a cash float, credit cards and a variety of currencies.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Grade 12 Diploma as well as a Diploma or Degree in Hotel Management is a definite asset.
A competitive total compensation package including a wellness allowance, food discount at our sister establishment the Dubh Linn Gate and other perks are offered with this role. Shared staff housing is also available for successful candidates. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Up to $20.31 per hour
- Hotel & Accommodations Guest Services Staff: 1 year (preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (preferred)