JOB IDENTIFICATION: Program Assistant
Under the supervision of the Principal and the general direction of the teacher, provides
assistance to predominately adult students and organizes specific programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
01. Works with students on a one-to-one or small group basis to teach or offer assistance in
locating resources to teacher concepts.
02. Encourages and supports students in the development of personal and social skills and
interests to promote independence and responsible behaviour.
03. Assists with student supervision and classroom management.
04. Demonstrates and assists students in the operation of the computer learning system.
05. Registers all students in Nautikos, AutoSkills and all on-line courses.
06. Assists with planning, implementing and monitoring programs including observation,
record keeping and follow-up.
07. Assists with preparation and marking of instructional materials such as worksheets and
08. Invigilates exams for students.
09. Assists with distribution and collection of materials and equipment for students.
10. Communicates with students and, where necessary, parents/guardians and other
agencies, by providing information on student progress.
11. Assists with general office duties.
12. Inputs and retrieves data on the computer relating to student progress, tests and access
13. Assists with preparation of classroom displays, newsletters and bulletin boards.
14. Liaises with teachers to discuss students progress and concerns.
15. Relates instructional materials to the specific needs of students such as simplifying
instructions or student responses.
16. Organizes student events.
17. May, on occasion, be required to perform other job related duties.
18. Works in a setting with a high degree of confidentiality.
19. Provides a good role model.
20. Displays excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
21. Maintains safe work practices.
01. Grade 12 or equivalent.
02. Extensive computer skills.
03. Experience or training in computer assisted learning.
04. Working knowledge of computer software applications.
05. One year of post-secondary education or equivalent.
06. Previous experience in a related field.
For CUPE Local 173 For School District #74 (Gold Trail)
For CUPE (Local 173) For School District No. 74 (Gold Trail)
30th April 2007