Commissionaires are currently seeking passionate customer service focused professionals to take on a Full Time position in our downtown Head Office. This role will see you provide support to the operations team by providing exceptional customer service within our call centre and also being responsible for issuing and maintaining uniform stocks.
Commissionaires BC is a Canadian, not-for-profit security/enforcement organization that has been in business since 1927. Our mandate is to give back to those who served and continue to serve in our communities and country. Our client base runs from the Federal Government to local municipalities, airports, industrial sectors, and commercial/residential buildings.
Commissionaires operates across mainland BC, deploying 1,200 security guards, bylaw enforcement officers, and detention guards through our 24/7 Operations Centre. Our team works together to ensure the successful day-to-day operations of our organization.
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity for growth
- Work for a reputable and nationally known company
- A challenging yet rewarding work environment
- Free uniforms
- Competitive salary
You’re a good fit if…
Some of your responsibilities include:
- You pride yourself on your superior customer service skills
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You can think on your feet and problem solve
- You can work alone or as part of a team
- Responding to and monitoring staffing/service requests from internal and external clients
- Selecting appropriate employees to fill staffing service requests
- Providing a clear and accurate description of work assignments to employees
- Shift scheduling using in-house software programs
- Ensuring the safety of all staff working alone by effectively utilizing our Lone Work Program system
- Maintaining a detailed log after the end of each shift
- Producing ad hoc reports as required by various departments
- Conducting follow-up reviews with clients to ensure client satisfaction
- Assign and issue uniforms to new commissionaire employees
- Assign and issue uniforms to existing employees
- Manage inventory of uniforms and maintain stock levels, including the ordering of stock.
- Complete monthly tracking of issued items for various departments.
- You have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a customer service environment
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have proven time-management and organizational skills
- You are able to work in a fast-paced environment
- You have the ability to handle stressful situations and remain calm in the event of an emergency
- You have a flexible schedule and are capable of working various shifts
- Previous experience working in the security industry
- You have a valid BC Security Licence
- You have a valid Driver’s Licence with a clean driver’s abstract