LOCATION OF POSITION: Non-Union - temporary 8 week position
TITLE OF IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Family Support Case Manager/Camp Inclusion Coordinator
PURPOSE OF POSITION: As an agency we strive to develop partnerships with people we support, encouraging them to guide us to meet their needs and goals. This results in enriched experiences in friendship, family independence and community inclusion. The Camp Inclusion Facilitator will demonstrate a positive approach when supporting and actively engaging children with Intellectual challenges, to be included, and be active participants in Community based programs.
STATEMENT OF MAJOR RESPONSIBILITY:
Actively provide direct care by assisting, guiding, counseling and supporting each camper in meeting their physical, intellectual, emotional, and social needs through community participation. Demonstrate a positive approach during all interactions to ensure appropriate role modeling. Participate as a member of a team.
- Ensure that the support deemed necessary by each child supported is met and maintained and these supports encourage maximum independence and promote actual and effective inclusion.
- Review daily programming the day before in order to plan modifications to activities to ensure successful inclusion.
- Be flexible and creative, adapting activities so all campers can enjoy.
- Respond to any emergencies that may arise in a prompt and appropriate manner, informing Family Support Case Manager/Camp Coordinator. Following all emergencies, complete an incident report as required. Provide emergency first aid as needed until medical assistance arrives.
- Adhere to established medication and safety procedures while administering all prescribed medications and treatments, keeping appropriate written records as required.
- Carry out and document personal care as required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Must have a strong belief in Community Living-Fort Erie’s vision, as well as a strong understanding of Personal Outcome Measures and of the Agency’s Human Rights Statement.
- Must possess good organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written. Must possess time management skills, and ensure any required paperwork is submitted by deadlines.
- Must have a professional and personable attitude in order to approach other professionals.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Ability to be flexible and be able to prioritize as need arises.
- Must be fluent in English language-oral and written
APPLICANTS MUST BE BETWEEN THE AGES OF 15-30.
- Experience working with children that have Intellectual challenges an asset.
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Valid Non Violent Crisis Intervention Certificate
- A current Niagara Regional Police Clearance Certificate with Vulnerable Sector clearance. Must have Community Living Fort Erie’s name specified. Must be dated within three months of hire.
*Note a criminal record may affect your ability for employment with this Agency.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s “G” license
- Valid Ontario drivers abstract.
- Current WHIMS Certificate
- Certificate of Worker Health & Safety Awareness in 4 Steps
Time Requirements: 8 weeks
Up to 40 hours per week Monday to Friday
Begins July 2019
$14.25 per hour
Please apply by MAY 17, 2019 at 3:00 pm.
Job Type: Temporary