At the Region of Halton, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Halton is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
This is a permanent full time position working 35 hours per week.
Halton Region serves more than 580,000 residents throughout Burlington, Halton Hills, Milton and Oakville. We are committed to delivering high quality programs and services that make Halton a great place to live and work.
Joining Halton Region opens the door to a fulfilling career. Our comprehensive compensation, great benefits and employee recognition program are a few reasons why we are one of the GTA’s Top Employers.
We engage great people who contribute to meaningful work that makes a positive difference in our community. As an employee, you will be part of a progressive, service focused and award winning employer with a diverse and inclusive work environment. At Halton, you are encouraged to grow and succeed in your career and are recognized for your accomplishments and contributions.
Reporting to the Director, Healthy Families, the Manager, Healthy Babies Healthy Children (HBHC) leads a multi-disciplinary team of health professionals, managing service delivery and ongoing program development for the provincially mandated HBHC program. This role manages the development and implementation of programs and policies, including long-range planning and evaluation to support the achievement of program goals and objectives. During the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will be assigned to COVID-19 response.
The successful candidate will possess a degree in Nursing, and be entitled to practice with no restrictions by the College of Nurses of Ontario. A Master’s degree in health administration or a health related field is strongly preferred. The candidate will also have at minimum six (6) years of experience in a public health environment. This role requires knowledge related to clinical and professional standards, including broad knowledge of public health, human services and determinants of health. Extensive knowledge of legislation and mandates governing the Healthy Babies, Healthy Children program is required (Health Protection and Promotion Act, Ontario Public Health Standards, Employment Standards Act, Health and Safety Act, Healthy Babies, Healthy Children protocol, etc.). Knowledge of management theory, leadership, change and dispute resolution is required, along with skills in project management skills, report writing and program planning. Demonstrated interpersonal skills with the ability to lead, coach, influence and motivate staff along with political acuity are required, along with exceptional communication, decision-making and problem solving skills. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
The successful candidate will be made an offer of employment on condition that the Regional Municipality of Halton receives a current (obtained within the past six (6) months), original and acceptable Criminal Records Check, including Vulnerable Sector Screening by the first day of employment. Flexibility in working hours is required as there may be occasional community meetings and observation of service delivery outside of regular business hours. Incumbent must supply their own transportation.
- Manages the development and implementation of programs and policies related to HBHC, ensuring best practices are adhered to, in alignment with provincial guidelines.
- Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of services/projects that address HBHC programs.
- Manages human resources within a collective agreement environment, ensuring consistent application of the collective agreement.
- Ensures service delivery targets set by the province are met, including monitoring “wait times” for service, proposes necessary improvements, and implements approved program changes.
- Responsible for program priority setting, implementation, monitoring and evaluation. Makes necessary changes based on new or changing legislation, and community needs.
- Develops or revises program policies and procedures to align with provincial changes.
- Develops and manages budgets in order to ensure program priorities are met while managing multiple program funding sources.
- Collaborates and manages relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including responding to inquiries from the public, Regional Departments and Ministries.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
July 6, 2020
July 20, 2020
Apply Online at:
Halton Job Postings
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted by email and/or phone. Please ensure the contact information provided on your resume is up to date and that you check your email and voicemail regularly.
Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
How to Apply?
Click on Apply Now to submit your cover letter and resume for a specific posting.
Applications that are not submitted online will not be considered. Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.