Wigwamen Incorporated is a non-profit housing provider, in operation since 1972. We’re looking for a self-motivated, highly-organized Maintenance Assistant to join our team and work throughout our scattered housing portfolio. The properties are located throughout Toronto and include singles, semis, duplexes, triplexes and other types of multi-unit dwellings.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager and the General Manager, the Maintenance Assistant will be responsible for ensuring the timely completion of tenant related maintenance services, including unit turnovers, service calls and emergency response for maintenance issues, as well as providing 24 hour emergency service on a rotation basis.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensure the timely completion of tenant-related maintenance services
- Evaluate and respond to emergencies in an appropriate manner
- Perform minor electrical and plumbing work; drywall repairs; painting; carpentry and other work as assigned
- Maintain records, in accordance with company policy
- Report to management regarding persistent maintenance problems
- Inspect units, prepare specifications for repairs and follow up with contractors
- Ensure the company’s portfolio of properties is kept in an optimal state of repair
The preferred candidate will have:
- Minimum two years’ practical experience in building maintenance
- Diploma, degree or a licensed trade in a related field
- Appropriate knowledge of the building envelope, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry and fire safety systems
- Access to a vehicle for work purposes; a valid G driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office
- A clean criminal record check
- Proven ability to work productively with minimal supervision
- Strong communication and tenant relation skills
- A willingness to take continuing education courses for professional improvement
- The ability to lift 25 pounds, and use an 8’ step ladder
- The physical and technical capabilities to perform the duties of the position
- Knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act, the Building Code and/or Fire Code is an asset
This is a full-time salaried position that includes a benefits package.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by 12:00 noon on Friday, July 5, 2019.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Job Type: Full-time
- maintenance: 2 years (Required)