Founded in 1964, Thorsteinssons LLP has grown into Canada’s pre-eminent law firm dealing exclusively with tax matters. With offices in Vancouver and Toronto, Thorsteinssons is Canada’s largest firm specializing in taxation and our lawyers are consistently recognized as leading tax practitioners in Canada and around the world.
While achieving a high level of professionalism and client service, the success of Thorsteinssons is based on a respectful and supportive environment. With a foundation of support, our team is motivated to strive for success through innovative contributions to the legal profession, firm culture, and the community.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and team orientated IT Systems Administrator to join our team as soon as possible.
Working under the direction of the IT Director, provides technical support, operations, IT administration and ownership. This position requires having support related emails forwarded to cell phone. Ownership and execution of technical environment and IT roadmap.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide high level service and support to lawyers and staff for two offices and several remote executives (monitor tickets and solve problems)
· Deploy, update and maintain hardware and software for all users
· Maintain infrastructure system stability and software updates
· Management of bi costal WAN and geographically separate servers
· Point person for new hardware and software purchases and inventory management
· Maintain list of purchased and disposed IT assets including serial numbers for yearend
· Set-up video conferencing and provide IT support to office operations
· Cisco phone System Administrator:
o Update telephone configurations and user phone profiles
o Deploy new phone configurations for new users
o Develop ownership and administration of Cisco VOIP infrastructure
· Ownership of infrastructure integrity and disaster recovery resources and process
· Provide network design and maintenance expertise for IP network
· Update tax software as released by library services on frequent schedule
· Other work as necessary to support IT initiatives
Qualifications and Skillset:
· A degree in computer science, information systems or equivalent education and experience, along with solid technical skills.
· 1-3 years of experience in help desk support, systems analysis, data administration, network design or computer programming in a support role.
· 1-3 of progressive IT experience, including experience in a multi-office environment. Experience in working with non-profits and/or legal services organizations preferred.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to meet deadlines, to conduct research into IT issues and products, and to take initiative in the progress and completion of projects.
· Strong organizational and time management skills.
· Excellent problem-solving, analytical and evaluative skills.
· Microsoft Active Directory, Office 365 and Azure
· Linux OS, Meraki and Juniper knowledge a plus
· Common Legal industry platform software a plus (Amicus, Aderant, Net Documents)
Thorsteinssons takes pride in cultivating a diverse workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage qualified applicants of all abilities to apply. We will accommodate applicants with disability-related needs (to the point of undue hardship) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
Qualified candidates are invited to forward a covering letter and resume in PDF format to Thomas Seiler, Director of Information Technology. Please indicate the position you are applying for in the reference line of your email and cover letter.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies please.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent