Application Security Engineer-19000VRX
We are looking for talented software engineers who are interested in moving into the security field. This will provide an opportunity to help execute our software security vision. As a senior application security engineer you will focus on ensuring the security of NetSuite’s products by working directly with our security teams, collaborating with our engineering teams, and promoting good security practices throughout NetSuite. This is a job where details matter, and there are a lot of details, including all of web security, mobile security, cloud security and software security. You must be able to tell the difference between a big problem, a minor weakness, and a false positive. You must help developers understand security concepts and security practices. You will help the security team remain a trusted partner of the development organization by being friendly but uncompromising when it comes to getting security right.
- Identify, reproduce, and report security issues
- Collaborate with software engineers to make our software better, helping them balance product and security risk decisions
- Implement appropriate security protections to solve both individual vulnerabilities and entire vulnerability classes
- Build and manage tools that help identify issues, both in the IDE and in CI/CD
- Build libraries that prevent security issues by design
- Build internal tools to scale out the team through automation
- Participate in incident response activities when a security event occurs
- Educate engineers and product teams on the importance of security
- Perform proactive research to stay current on security issues, and share that knowledge with the rest of the security and engineering teams
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- 4+ years in the field of software development
- Desire to learn application security
- Programming experience with one or more programming language (Java, Python, PHP, Perl, Ruby, Scala, C#, Golang).
- Strong ethics and understanding of ethics in information security
- Capable of working independently
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple tasks
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Familiarity with application security projects (e.g. OWASP Top 10), tools (e.g. ZAP), and how to build safer software
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.