Junior Accountant - Hamilton
We are seeking a Junior Accountant for a full time position. Personal tax filing experience is required to apply for the position.
Delivering quality in everything we do, Tier One CPA is a chartered accounting, tax and business consulting firm, located in Hamilton, Ontario. Our team is committed to providing meaningful and reliable financial information that ensures our clients are always well protected and positioned.
- Preparation of personal tax returns will be the main priority
- Investigate and correct discrepancies/ irregularities in financial entries, documents and reports
- Update manager or engagement partner on the progress of engagements
- Enter transactions and complete bank and other account reconciliations
- Prepare payroll, GST and QST government reports, etc.
- Prepare professional correspondence, technical reports, client summaries and presentations
- Set-up files for new clients and newly incorporated businesses
- Work with accounting software and provide support to clients
- Develop and maintain relationships with client management
- Compute taxes owed and prepare personal and corporate tax returns (and other tax compliance slips) ensuring compliance with government standards
- Prepare year-end tax forms (T4s and T5s)
- Experience with the preparation of the T1 Personal Tax Returns is a must
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Business Administration (Accounting or Finance major Preferred)
- One (1) to two (2) years of relevant accounting experience
- Experience working with accounting and tax software such as Caseware, TaxPrep/TaxCycle, Quickbooks and Simply Accounting
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Stoney Creek, ON (Preferred)
- Driver's licence (Preferred)