Reporting to the Senior Control Systems Engineer, the Process Control System Analyst’s primary function is to develop, design and maintain efficient process control systems in a heavy industrial setting. The role also requires analysis of operating data, troubleshooting problems, and initiating corrective action.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Implement control system configurations, modifications, and strategies to meet operations' requirements
- Use expertise, knowledge, and experience of processes to recommend, perform or direct modifications to process or control system hardware and software
- Complete routine control systems maintenance tasks and checks of software and hardware, troubleshoot system failures, and provide repair and upgrade services to ensure availability of the control system to meet operational needs
- Provide services to Operations by working with operations personnel and process engineers to modify and improve process control logic, graphic interfaces and systems that facilitate improved operator efficacy
- Support maintenance and projects groups to facilitate planned work and upgrades in an operating plant and during maintenance shutdowns, and to provide support during plant start-ups
- Design and/or make modifications to process control or plant processes to improve and ensure product quality, worker safety and health, environmental protection, and plant production
- Advise operations and technical personnel to define, implement and enforce standards, guidelines, and procedures relative to process control systems
- Graduation from a recognized Technical Institute with a Diploma in Instrumentation, Chemical, Electrical, or Computer Science Technology
- Preference for industrial instrumentation or electrical trade
- Greater than 5 years of experience in configuration and maintenance of process control systems in an industrial plant
- Superior ability to apply various process control and troubleshooting techniques to improve process operation and solve operational problems
- A high level of working knowledge and experience in computer systems and networks.
- Configuration knowledge of Foxboro I/A or ABB Distributed Control Systems
- Configuration knowledge of Modicon Quantum PLCs (utilizing Concept and Unity Software)
- Configuration knowledge of Wonderware InTouch Software for industrial plants
- Strong verbal and written communications skills to demonstrate operating procedures, train and direct users of control systems, and to write reports, update control narratives and maintain records
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources”